The day after Piper was born Nicole was in her terrible accident and Scott's family wasn't able to come up and meet our new bundle of joy. I decided that perhaps it would be best for us to come to them. I knew it would be hard for them to come up for our baby blessing and considering that it was grandchild #19 on my side and grandchild #3 on Scott's side that it would probably work out fine to do it in Salt Lake. My friend Jessica was getting married in October and I figured it could work great to come to the wedding, see Nicole, and bless our baby all in the same weekend and it did. We had a great time as always. As we were driving into the Salt Lake Valley I told Scott that I was glad he was from Salt Lake because it was fun to be able to come to this beautiful city often. I love the majestic mountains, especially in the fall. It was our first time going on a road trip with all three of our kidlets and they did GREAT! They are the best little travelers. The trip down and back went without a hitch, all three children slept for several hours and there were no tears, whining, or fighting. On the drive we listened to the audio book
Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua. It's a memoir about her parenting style. It's completely fascinating and entertaining. She talks about how Chinese mothers are better than Western mothers. If anything you should read it for the pure entertainment, listening to her explain her all out battles getting her girls to practice their musical instruments for hours a day is pretty crazy.
I got a headache on the drive down and felt pretty crappy the rest of the day but luckily I was able to sleep it off that night. Scott's siblings are on a soccer league and they had a game that night that we went and watched. Scott participated and informed me that he had some good moves but I never pay attention. I was either talking to Nicole or watching my kids. My bad. On Friday we went to Jessica's wedding which was at 10:00 am and we arrived only a couple of minutes early. Sheesh. That afternoon we went to her luncheon and ring ceremony, (her husband is a convert). It was at Le Jardin, a botanical garden. It was beautiful and Jessica's dress was beautiful and the food was fantastic. The rest of the night we just hung out.
On Saturday we went to the Hogle Zoo and Hires. Later that evening Janet took me shopping at the outlet malls to buy some cute clothes for my kids. We had to kind of scramble at the end so we could make it back so I could feed Piper. On Sunday we did Piper's baby blessing. Scott gave her a beautiful blessing. We had a few friends and Scott's family. Janet made a wonderful lunch for us to enjoy. That night we played a game of The New Yorker, that game is really fun, but it's also stressful to try to think of funny captions. It's pretty much impossible for me I swear. Today we got packed up and hit Hires one more time on the way out of town. It was a great trip. We love visiting Scott's family. It's especially fun for us to watch our kids spend time with their grandparents they love them SO MUCH!




I love how Piper is in her blessing dress, Corbin is in his costume (which he wore every chance he could), Gabby is dressed for the day, and Nana has on Gabby's costume witch hat. Such a random but cute picture I think.


Trying to get packed to come down...oh my. I had to seriously rack my brain to try to remember everything that I needed to pack. I did pretty good, I only forgot a few minor things.






3 comments:
thats neat that you were able to go there for the blessing! sad we couldn't hear her special blessing! i am sure scott did an awesome job!!
looks like you had a fun trip!! and i absolutely LOVE piper's blessing dress!! where did you get it?
Cute pictures of the zoo and Halloween/Grandma. So glad you got to go to Salt Lake and do the blessing with Scott's parents. Love her blessing dress! I'm also glad to hear Nicole is doing better. By the way, Mitzi, I don't see you having a hard time playing any game. Haha. I remember the days when we used to have game nights with everyone. I miss them (except maybe "Big Bootie". . . I'm horrible at that game).
Piper's blessing dress is Gabby's blessing dress. Janet bought it, I think she got it at The Quilted Bear.
Post a Comment