This weekend my parents and Kelsey came to Boise for the weekend. They came over and saw Piper and then headed to the mall. After that we went over to Gabe and Christy's for their annual soups and sweaters party for Gabe's birthday. It is a great idea however it was 90 degrees that day. Scott in trying to be a good sport wore a sweater (he was the only one). Good job babe! I left before he did or I probably would have told him he didn't need to wear one, I certainly wasn't. Anyway we all bring different kinds of soups and it is fantastic. Not to mention that apparently Fred Meyers has the most delicious french bread on the planet, add some cake and pie on top of that and you have yourself one heck of a party. It was just my siblings and their kids but that's a crowd for sure. Corbin has so much fun with his cousins. He loves them. If we ever move it will make me sad that he won't get to be by them anymore. Gabby was completely unsocial and spent most of the evening eating, we even fed her before she came over. She is my kind of girl.
Saturday was filled with conference and I headed back over to Christy's to hang out during the priesthood session. Today has just been conference as well. Was it just me or was conference especially good this time? What conference traditions do you have? I took a parenting class and the teacher said that conference should be like our super bowl. We should really talk it up and get our kids EXCITED about it. We should have special traditions to make conference special. So do you guys have any? So far I make cinnamon rolls for conference since I pretty much never make them any other time. Today I let my kids stay in their jammies all day, I thought maybe that could be a fun conference tradition. I don't know you just kind of try different things and see what you like. Oh and other exciting news this week, Piper slept 9 hours last night, her new record by 2 hours. Amazing. I will be so excited when she sleeps through the night every night, that is the best!

Gabby is kind of obsessed with Corbin's underwear, she likes to put it on her head. She is so funny when she puts it on because then she acts like she has super powers or something. She was running around in a circle in the kitchen super excited. She is Captain Underpants! I'm glad she likes his underwear, hopefully this will make her interested in potty training, which call me crazy I might try to do in a few months.

4 comments:
we always do a big breakfast for sunday morning conference. for saturday morning conference, we do donuts and milk....i guess our tradition is food :-) ...i like the jammies idea.
i think we are going to start potty training soon too. jax is starting to tell me when he goes poop in his diaper and he is always tugging at it to take it off when he peeps in it too. i don't know - i think he is ready. i guess we'll find out! so, you will have to share with me all of your bright potty training ideas!! ...from an expert to a beginnner :-)
Those Jammies ARE super cute, and I stayed in my pjs ALL day sunday too - a very nice tradition if I say so myself! Growing up every year we took a vacation over conference....and listened to it scratchy in the car. I think I will spare my kids that one! I love just having special treats to snack on, and I try to have my kids in the room when its on, eventhough they dont listen, I hope they absorb the spirit or something! Next year Im going to print out pictures of the prophets and apostles, temples, scriptures, and things like that for them to color during a session. But basically at this age its damage control. I kinda love that you are tradition obsessed. Makes for a good mom!
They look so cute in their skeleton jammies! I really miss these cute little ones! I feel like I should be in Boise but I really NEED to be at the hospital for a while yet. Give them big hugs from their nana. And don't let little piper get too grown up before we get to see her.
Good for you for getting all three kids to the park and keeping the kids in their pajamas for conference (Bryson was in his all day Sunday too). Sounds like a fun party. Love the soup and sweater idea. And as always, cute pictures. I really love that you do a weekly update. Does Piper spit up excessively? Bryson did and had some reflux, so you may want to ask your doctor about that when you go in next time.
Post a Comment