Today was the primary program in our ward. I've been nervous about this for awhile. I wasn't sure how Corbin would do, especially considering he's almost been in primary for a year and he still cries half the time when we make him go. I've had to make him practice his part all week. He had to say I like to use my body to... and he wanted to saw throw crab apples. He would only ever say "I use my body to throw crab apples", maybe it was a power struggle thing. Who knows, needless to say he didn't do it. Oh well. He went up there but when it came to speaking into the microphone that wasn't happening. He said he liked to play diggers to his old teacher who was up at the front but he wouldn't say it into the microphone. Scott went up to see help him speak in the microphone and then ended up saying the line for him. Hey it's better than anything I ever did. I was completely terrified to speak in sacrament meeting and never once participated in the primary program even when I was 11. I still hate speaking in sacrament meeting by the way. So kudos to Corbin for going and getting in line with the other kids and stepping up to the microphone and at least telling his teacher.
I took all three kids to story time last week. That was a little terrifying to say the least, but it worked out alright. By the time we were at check out it was time to get the heck out of there. I am going to have major strong arms carrying a car seat in one arm and a toddler in the other. I mean story time is kind of stressful anyway because my kids don't exactly sit quietly to listen to the stories. I mainly go because it's an excuse to get out of the house. I also think it's good practice for them to try to sit still and listen, and it's good practice for me to make sure that happens. Woo.
I've been working out a lot more this week. I've started running again. I will probably run another half marathon next spring sometime. It feels good to try to get back into shape. I mean I always exercise but running is a lot harder than walking.
We went to a 2 year old's birthday party that might as well been put on by Martha Stewart, it was all kinds of crafty and ridiculously cute. They had a bounce house and Scott probably had more fun in that than any of the kids.


Gabby digging right in eating that cupcake.The amazing thing was she managed to stay completely clean except for right around her mouth. One guy at the table was impressed by her skills and said she may have a future career in pie eating contests. "She has the form, now she just needs to work on the speed." That's for sure, Gabby loves to eat but she is super duper slow.


Corbin and Gabby getting reading to devour their spoils from the birthday party.

Cutie Piper, her hair looks a lot more red in pictures although it does look redish at times. When Piper came home from the hospital Corbin kept asking me "Is Piper a good baby?" or he'd say "Piper's a good baby." She sure is.
1 comment:
The spider is still going strong. Scott's loving it!
Post a Comment