Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday

Halloween was so fun. For lunch I met up with my sister in law Anna and we had lunch at BK while our kids played. Later on I carved a pumpkin and watched some Halloween cartoons with my kids. After dinner we dressed up and went trick or treating. It was so cute Corbin would go up to the houses and say "trick or treat" and then he would take candy and grab candy for Gabby. He would say "I need some for Gabby." He looks out for his sister. It was a pretty cold night, poor girl was probably frozen to death. Her costume was the least warm, she was a good sport though. We were pretty much the only trick or treaters out. It was weird. It was great at the same time though because people hooked us up with a lot of candy because they hadn't had any other trick or treaters so it was like we went to 3 times the amount of houses. Nice!

One of the challenges of parenting is teaching your children how to work. It would be so much easier to do it yourself but you have to teach them. I think Corbin took about 45 minutes to unload the dishwasher today. Jeez! He really knows how to waste time and goof around. I think most things you have to teach your kids can be a challenge but I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as rewarding if it wasn't a challenge. I feel like I do battle all day most days, but in the end I think it pays off. They really do start to listen, and they can have good manners, and they can do their jobs. We went to the pediatrician and took the whole family so we could all get our flu shots. As the doctor was talking to me about Piper he stopped and congratulated us on how well behaved our children were. He said whatever we were doing we should keep it up. That was nice to hear because most of the time I feel like my kids are little gremlins! But like I said you keep consistently teaching and sometimes you see the positive results. I guess I'm writing about this because it's something that I obviously deal with and think about on a daily basis.

I think we can say that Piper sleeping through the night is official. It's been like 10 nights in a row now. Sweet! I am one happy mama. She is the best baby. I just love her so much. She is super laid back, she hardly ever cries. She loves being held. She smiles at me all the time. At night I will just sit and hold her and rock her while I watch TV. We both love it. I have a serious baby crush on her. She is kind of a combo of Corbin and Gabby. She has the super laid back contentedness that Corbin had and the cuddly factor that Gabby had. Sweet! I almost forgot, my only complaint is that she is a major spitter upper. She's definitely a happy spitter though so that's good. She never acts like she's in pain and she never cries about it but she does barf all day everyday. It's pretty annoying but that's okay, we love her anyway. Here are her 2 month stats:
Weight 11 pounds 2 oz. 60%
Height 22 1/2 inches 50%
Head Circ. 383/4 cm 50%
Check out Gabby and Corbin at two months here.

Today is my birthday. The big 30. It's weird to be entering a new decade, I'm in my 30's now. It's not so bad, I feel like I look better at 30 than I did at 20, maybe I will look better at 40 than I do at 30. We can always hope. Life is good, I don't want to be in any other stage right now. As I've learned well from the Cannon family a birthday is not merely a day. It's a celebration to be had over several days. My celebrating began on Friday with lunch with some friends at Cafe Rio, it was free because of some stamp cards my mother in law gave us. Thanks for lunch Janet. On Saturday Scott and I went out on the town and went to Cheesecake factory and after eating their bread and looking over their menu we changed our minds and ordered a piece of cheesecake to go. Embarrassing. I'm pretty sure our waiter thought we were awesome. So we went to Cafe Ole' instead and it was delish. Then Scott took me on a drive to the table rock foothills so we could park. J/K. We did park but not like that. Anyway he had hidden some notes all over in the car for me to read and find. It was very cute. Today Scott made me breakfast (we opted to fast next week). After church we invited Hart and Jory's family over to enjoy the birthday celebration and it was fun. I made homemade creamy chicken noodle soup and rolls and Jory brought salad and pumpkin cake. It was a lot of fun. It's been a great day.

Most of Piper's chubbs are in her face. So cute.
Corbin and Gabby helping me clean the bathroom.
Happy Birthday to me.

7 comments:

Kelsey Rose said...

Happy Birthday Mitzi! You are seriously the best example. Holy crap I have a lot to live up to compared with you and Trisha! You guys are great! I want to be just like you guys!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

it is SUCH a pain to teach your kids to work!! oh my word it takes so much patience!!!
your cake looks yummy!! sounds like you had a great birthday weekend!

xo

Pierce Family said...

Happy birthday Mitzi!!!

BlogMOMster said...

i love Corbin's face watching you blow out the candles on your cake - so cute! I tried to teach my kids by helping with Sunday dinner. One set the table, one did salad, one did veggies, one did dessert, and one cleaned up. I did the heavy lifting by doing meat and potatoes and like you said, it would have been way easier to do it all myself for many years. When she was living on her own in San Diego Nicole informed me she knew how to cook everything but a main course! I'm so glad your Dr. recognized how well behaved your children are. Too often kids behaving badly get all the attention. Happy birthday, Mitzi! You are a wonderful daughter and mother!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday! sorry i am in the twilight zone or else i would stretch out the celebrating a little longer! im a big fan of week long birthday parties..and eating out so it works nicely together :) i hope you are right that 30 is better than 20! It used to seem so far away and now its just around the river bend! either way i wouldnt want to be 20 again - EVER! you are right - this is the best stage. challenging for sure, but also the most fun!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Mitzi! Hope you had a great day. Love the pictures of your little Butterball. So cute!

Jen said...

Hope your day was awesome - sounds like it's been great! Cute little worker bees!! Thanks for letting me come and kiss your babies head! Shes so sweet and chubby faced!!