My sister Trisha was also there with her 4 kids and Kelsey and Chase were home from college. It was a great break and I loved it. We watched about a million movies. I haven't watched that many movies in a row in a long, long time, maybe ever. I think we watched 6 movies in 30 hours. I thoroughly enjoyed myself lounging by the fire and being totally lazy. It was awesome. We had soup and pie Wednesday night. On Thanksgiving my mom is a total spaz and has dinner ready by 10:00 am. We held off until 11:45 to eat. I think we eat dinner earlier than everyone else in America. It's fine by me. I love it. That way we eat, lounge, repeat. I mean we get Thanksgiving leftovers on Thanksgiving, it's pretty sweet. We left Friday around lunchtime. We came home and unpacked. Scott took Corbin to the game store to buy some more controllers that were on a Black Friday deal. Meanwhile Gabby and I took out the Christmas decorations and got to work. She discovered her witch's hat and wanted to wear it. Too bad she didn't want to do that on Halloween. Last night some of the youth came over and we had a game night. I love games. It was great fun. We played Settlers, Pictionary, and Scatergories.
Uncle Chase lounging with Piper. Okay I have to tell this story because I think it's hilarious. He was shopping in Hollister one day and they asked him and his friend if they wanted to work there. Who does that? Both boys are very cute, apparently they like to hire eye candy. They both took the job. They asked Chase to stand out with his shirt off on Black Friday to help attract costumers (they offered him time and a half plus a bunch of other extras). What! Luckily he said no. I think my mom would have had a heart attack.My mom bonding over the Sackboy game with Corbin for a minute.
I'm pretty sure she prefers this kind of bonding.
Corbin with his prized game controller.
Gabby playing while I got out the decorations.
We busted out all the costumes today, why not?
Gabby can be such a gremlin, but she can be so cute. She is just at my favorite stage right now, everything she says and does is so adorable to me. Her latest thing is to ask for something like a drink and I will say do you want a drink and she will say "uh huh" and then "okay!" She just gives herself permission with enthusiasm and it's pretty hilarious.
I'm pretty sure she prefers this kind of bonding.
Corbin with his prized game controller.
3 comments:
cute pictures!! looks like you had a fun t-day!! and i LOVE the idea of eating early and having leftovers later that day!!! that sounds amazing!!! but how does she do it! does she start cooking dinner at like 2am!!?!? :-)
She cooks her turkey over night. She has help from different people peeling yams and potatoes and breaking up the bread for the dressing. I don't know, my mom works hard and fast. She makes it look super, duper easy.
Glad you ha a good Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment