Sunday, December 4, 2011

In my efforts to have my kids spend less time behind a screen it has forced me to be a better mother. It's terrible! J/K. I have had to bundle up with my kids and go play with them outside. Brr. We went out three times last week. We had some fun, cold times. We've done more crafts and more story time. We still spend quite a bit of time behind the screen but we cut back a lot. We still might spend a lot of time behind the screen, I mean that's just the way we roll. Scott can play video games for hours and hours and I can watch TV for hours and hours. It's in our kids DNA. Ha. Well anyway I'm making some efforts and that's important dang it!

On Friday night we decided to go out to dinner as a family for the first time in a LONG time and the first time as a family of 5. It was fun! We went to Cafe Ole'. I'm a big fan of that place they have great chips and salsa. The key to a happy family eating out experience is going somewhere that serves food immediately. Corbin and Gabby loved dipping their chips in salsa and they were in heaven. We could tell that they were really digging this experience. It was great fun. Scott and I shared one entree and the kids shared 1 kids meal. Total cost plus tip was under $17. Not bad. Plus with the help of unlimited chips and salsa were were all stuffed.

My parents came into town on Saturday for Benett's baby blessing (Gabe and Christy's latest). So we all met at Chuck O Rama and had a great time visiting and EATING. We were lucky enough to host my parents this trip. We had a good talk for a while and went to bed early. I wanted to make my mom watch Fargo edited, maybe next time. I wonder if she'd love it or hate it, that seems to be the way that movie works. Today we went to the baby blessing and afterwards we went to Gabe and Christy's and gorged ourselves on delicious food. Christy has a gift! She is magical with food. You wouldn't think it by looking at her, she is so skinny even after having a baby one month ago, what! Anyway I am loving life right now, Christmas time is my favorite! Maybe I need to go have some hot chocolate and sit by the fire in front of the Christmas tree now.

I think this is the second time that Corbin has ever asked to hold Piper. It lasted about 2 seconds.
Of course if Corbin does it, Gabby wants to do it.
Piper is not so sure about this. She continues to the be the most laid back happy baby ever. She has slept through the night every night since she was 8 weeks old. That's going on 5 weeks now. Great baby!
On one of the days we were playing outside they busted out their camping chairs. It cracked me up! They were lounging in their chairs and it was 40 degrees outside. I thought it was so cute and funny. I stinkin' love these kids!
Corbin always wears his sunglasses upside down. Oh and quote from Corbin this week. "Daddy, I need to go pee pee cuz I'm moving." (He was dancing around because he needed to go).


Piper is talking so cute until she spits up and then she keeps trying but she can't. Our poor little barf baby.

4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

how is it even possible to take a family of 5 to a restraunt for 17$!? HOLY MOLY! i am super impressed!
and i LOVE pipers little voice. it is so sweet! it makes me excited to get this little girl here!
your kids are cute!

BlogMOMster said...

Baby coos and goos! How endearing! I can still hear little Gabby saying "Baby Piper" - so cute. Looks like Corb still loves his penguin pj's!. Thanks for posting - I just the updates and pictures.

Melissa said...

Good for you for trying to have the kids watch less TV. It's hard to fill the day sometimes, so good for you! Cute camping chair and reindeer antler photos, too! Adorable little baby talk. I love it. She's quite the little talker.

Jen said...

oHHH my goodness I love her baby talking! It kind made me sad! Just to be honest! lOVE her ! I might need to hold her - soon!