On Friday we drove to Nampa for the annual Beal Christmas get together. (I have 4 brothers with families in the Boise area). It was fun. We all brought pizza and fondue stuff and just chatted. Anna brought bread sticks from Idaho Pizza Company...WHAT! They were so good, I could have eaten the whole batch by myself. Seriously to die for. The next night for dinner we almost just got those, so good! Anyway Corbin took a minute to warm up since he fell asleep on the drive over but then he had a great time with his cousins. Gabby took about an hour and a half to warm up and then she had a great time. Piper is always good. It's fun to drive in the car at night and look at all of the Christmas lights. We all try to point them out to each other. Gabby will say, "I see some!" or "Christmas lights!"
Saturday was crazy busy cleaning and I don't even know what else. We have been watching The Lion King from the library this week and I recognized Nala's voice and we looked it up and it's the girl from The Cutting Edge. I found out that Scott hadn't seen it. I called up Gabe and asked him if he owned it and sure enough he did. I drove over and took a million hours of TV on DVD, movies, and a book. I am set for the holidays. Anyway I made Scott watch it last night. That movie has some seriously awesome hair dues and a killer soundtrack. Good times.
Our furnace stopped working a few days ago. It blows air that isn't heated. We haven't figured out the problem yet. Luckily my dad came a few weeks ago and got our fireplace working again. That has been saving our bacon around here. It gets quite hot. I actually have to turn it off because our house gets nice and toasty. At night we just sleep with the fire on and leave the bedroom doors open. It's quite a bit cooler in the back but I like to sleep in the cold anyway. Hopefully we figure it out soon, and hopefully we don't have to buy a new furnace. Cross your fingers.
I'm a little depressed it's Christmas in one week. It comes too fast! I just can't get enough of the Christmas movies, music, decorations, food, you know the works. I would watch a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie every night if we had cable, and those movies are terrible. What can I say, I am a sucker for all things Holiday. I just love, love, love it.
2 comments:
sorry your furnace went out! that stinks!! thank goodness you have a fireplace! our furnace has been kinda crazy lately where it will work one day and then not the next. it's super frustrating! oh, man i hope it gets its act together soon bc we just can't afford a new one right now and i HATE the cold!!!
Losing your child is the worst feeling in the world. At least it was at the ward party and not somewhere else. Nice that Gabe has a stash of movies for you guys. I have the Cutting Edge (a guilty pleasure once a year or so). Glad that you're enjoying the holidays (I think the season ends too soon too) and that your furnace is working again! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment