Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Cannon Family Christmas

We decided that it would be fun to have Christmas as Scott's parent's house this Christmas. We haven't spent Christmas with them in a long time. I wouldn't go if the weather was bad so lucky for all of us the roads were bone dry. So sorry if you were praying for a White Christmas, I must admit I was not. We decided to go down early because I think everything is more fun before Christmas, after Christmas it's a little blah. Anyway we decided to leave on Wednesday but we got a call from Janet that there was supposed to be a snow storm that afternoon so we decided we should leave earlier. I cancelled my hair appointment and we packed like mad to get out of town. When you are planning on leaving at 1:00 and then decide to leave in the morning you have a lot to get done fast. We didn't get out of town until 11:00 but it was nice to be on the road earlier and the storm never came so that was nice.

That night we had dinner and we all played some video games with Corbin followed by a movie. On Thursday we kind of hung around all day but we did go to Hires for lunch. That night Scott had a nerd reunion get together. They all played some video games and some lasted until 4:00 in the morning. I went and watched Sherlock Holmes with Scott's parents but I was the only one that lasted to the end of that movie. On Friday we drove down to Provo to put wreaths on the family graves at the cemetery and we met Janet's friends for lunch at Tucanos. That was my first time going there and I understand why it's so popular. I am not a huge meat fan but I thought their cheesy butter rolls were fantastic! I am more of a carbs and more carbs kind of girl. After that Scott took me to Cozy which was my favorite place to shop when we lived in Provo. I even found a new Sunday outfit. Hooray. That night we got together with some of our friends and played BINGO. I happen to have pretty good luck and I won more than anyone. We played for coupons for things like BINGO Sleep In. I have already cashed in 2 of my coupons. I slept in until 9:00 yesterday. I haven't done that in years!

On Christmas Eve I made some rolls for dinner and for the extended Cannon party the following week. Papa took Gabby with him Christmas shopping all morning that day. Gabby was pretty much with Papa any chance she got. A few of us slipped away for another Hires lunch. That night we had creamy chicken noodle soup followed by gingerbread decorating and eating. Then we went in for some Christmas Eve singing and "talent show" we will use that term loosely. Later we watched The Musical Scrooge. I slipped upstairs for a snack and ended up helping Mandy craft. Oh my! Ha.

On Christmas morning we opened presents, had breakfast, and got ready for church. That night we had a wonderful turkey dinner followed by games, feats of strength, and more games until 12:30. It was awesome.

On Monday we took all morning to pack and hit Cafe Rio on the way home. It was a fantastic break. Corbin had a great time eating crackers in Nana's bed while watching Chicken Little for the 10,000th time. Gabby had fun following her Papa everywhere. Scott had fun playing video games. I had fun relaxing quite a bit since Corbin was generally with Nana and Gabby was generally with Papa. Like I said it was fantastic!
Nerd Reunion
Auntie Carole with Piper.
Scott's gingerbread man. It's a character from the Castle Crashers Game.
Christmas Eve festivities.
Christmas Morning.
I think Piper looks like her little Pelican toy. Piper the Pelican, anyway she was with us too. She is just so good and sweet there's not much to mention. We can just give her the best baby award.
Scott picked out those grabbers for Corbin because he loves them. Turns out Corbin does too.
Gabby loves her new stroller. Corbin does too.
Corbin got an iPad for Christmas from his Nana. Can you believe it? He has been playing with that all week.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad you had such a good Christmas and were able to spend the holiday with Scott's family. Too bad Jarom wasn't in Utah for the nerd reunion. An Ipad for Corbin? I'm jealous. Glad you had fun!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

looks like you had an awesome Christmas!! i was on of those hoping for a little white this year.... guess you're luckier than i am :) ha! but i'm glad it was dry for the drive. i'm like you, i DESPISE road-trips if there is any kind of bad weather. glad you made it home safely! happy new year! XO

BlogMOMster said...

How wonderful to have the joy of little ones with us again at Christmas. Thank you for coming. I know hauling little ones and all the paraphernalia is a super chore. But you were all delightsome!