Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Corbin Birthday

Corbin's birthday is 2 days after Christmas so that's always a little crazy. I try to make it special and separate but just like everything else it's a process. Luckily he is still young enough to not really know the difference. I put up the birthday banner and got out the crown which he only wore long enough to take one picture. I made his current favorite breakfast: oatmeal and boiled eggs. I let him wear his pajamas for a long, long time. He opened one present at breakfast which was Little Big Planet 2 aka sack boy 2. He spent a lot of the day playing his new game. I took him to Winco and let him pick out his candles and he bought a shoot gun with Granny's birthday money. I made his favorite dinner: ranch chicken and baked french fries. We wanted to do something special for his birthday so I thought we could go to Monkey Business. We invited Gabe and Christy to meet us so Brigitte could play with him. Well we were late as usual and Gabe called us and told us that Monkey Business was closed after 6:00 for private parties. Woops, I didn't know. That was embarrassing. I asked them if they could just come over to our house for cake and ice cream and they obliged. Corbin had fun playing with Brigitte and not eating his cake and barely eating his ice cream. I kept telling him to eat his ice cream to which he replied "Don't say that one more time or you are going to time out." Well it wasn't anything spectacular but it was a fun day. We sure do love our Corbydo.
I let him put in his candles and he wanted to use them all. I guess he turned 36 this year. Which by the way when you try to tell him he's four now he says he just wants to stay "free."

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy birthday, Corbin! What a fun day, especially the staying in pajamas and the putting in your own candles part.

BlogMOMster said...

What a wonderful FOUR year old! Happy, happy birthday to the most wonderful little man on the planet - that would be earth not Little Planet or Little Planet 2