On Saturday night we had a girls night and we all went out to dinner. We had a good time. Afterwards we browsed Anthropology because it was close by. That store is cute but so expensive. They did have so many cute aprons that were actually reasonably priced. I wanted to buy all of them. My sewing bug has been reawakened so maybe I can just make myself one.
We decided to bust out the toddler bed and put away the crib. I love trapping kids in their cribs as long as possible but we actually decided to build it early. Gabby still takes her naps in our closet in a pack in play and so I knew nap time would not become a problem. One reason we did it was because Gabby would scream bloody murder for us to come and get her out of her crib in the morning and that was so annoying. It's been much better now that she can just follow her brother out. I also wanted Gabby to have her own space too. She loves going on Corbin's bed until her kicks her off and now she can just go in and hang out on her own bed. It's been pretty wild at night but we don't care as long as they stay in their room. It is pretty hilarious when she busts her way out, she is so proud of herself. She has been so jealous of Corbin sneaking out of their room while she's been trapped in her crib. It's been pretty funny. If the night parties become a huge problem we can always make her fall asleep in the pack in play in our bedroom and move her back later. Yes, we have 2 pack in plays set up with children sleeping in them. Piper sleeps in one in our room during the day and Gabby uses the closet for her nap and at night we move Piper into the one in the closet. We have a lot of children in a small space. We are ghetto!
Corbin had to give a scripture in church today and I really wanted to have him memorize it so we practiced quite a bit but it was too hard. Maybe if we had more time. When we got to primary we realized that they shortened the scripture by a lot! I wish I would have known that, Corbin totally could have memorized that. Oh well, he will have plenty more opportunities.
This is actually an old picture that I forgot about. Corbin was taking a bath and Gabby was playing and talking to him outside of the bath and she fell in. It was pretty funny although judging by the picture Gabby didn't think so.
When Scott was in Texas he ordered this 3 meat burger. So gross. Hamburger, sausage, and roast beef. Woof! Go big or go home I guess.
The kids were coloring their picture from the nursery manual after FHE. I thought it looked so cute.
Check out Gabby's backpack. It is so cute. I got it at the $.25 sale at Other Mothers. There is a lot of junk there but you can find some good stuff too. That backpack is in perfect condition and it's so cute. $.25 cents!
We are actually sitting in the dark, thank you flash. Look at our sad and lonely candle. I'm not much of a candle person so there ya go. You might as well eat ice-cream if you aren't sure when the power is coming back on. Scott is looking a little crazy eyed!
Corbin giving his scripture. That should have been memorized darn it. Oh well. If I was like the Tiger Mother he would have had it memorized along with the rest of page.

Gabby was a little crazy in church today. This video is actually old hence the Christmas dress, but it will give you an idea of how she can be. She busted up to the steps and she was trying to get my attention and play a game with me. I thought if I looked at her that would only encourage her and make it worse. So I tried to ignore her thinking she would come back down but instead she high tailed it up to the choir seats by the organ. I had to run up there and bring her back down. Embarrassing!



5 comments:
i didn't even see gabby run up to the front today! that's crazy! she must have been super quite and quick about it!!
that's so awesome that corbin gave the scripture! we were just talking about that this evening --- how fun it will be when jax can give scriptures, prayers, and talks in primary! lots of work for the parents, i am sure but so neat!
your dress is super cute! you should seriously start a craft blog and sell some things! i would buy all of your aprons and re-fashioned clothes!
and i'm in on the next girls night! tell me when and where :)
What a great Corbin smile sitting at the front of Primary! And cute Gabby dancing through church with no idea what "reverent" means. It's good to be almost 2! Mitzi you amaze me at your resourcefulness and redesigning that dress. Wow! That blue looks good on you. Thanks for the blog updates. Last week I started getting that achy feeling to see you all again.
You are not ghetto: you are resourceful! Love the dress, where'd you find it?
Sounds like you had a fun week (besides maybe the power outage, but at least you made it a fun thing for everyone). So cute to see Corbin giving his scripture. I'm sure he'll have one memorized next time around! Way to go on the sewing too! And nice video at the end. She and Bryson would get along well.
-- Melissa
I bought the dress at Old Navy on super clearance. It was an additional 50% the clearance price but I knew it was too short so I bought another dress size XXL to cut up and as Tim Gunn would say "make it work." Total cost of both dresses was $8.50 plus tax. Sweet!
Post a Comment