For New Years Eve we were able to get my friend Jen's 2 kids to come over and babysit while we went to her party for a couple of hours. I ate my body weight in her delicious dill dip and beat everyone at spin the dradle. I came home with a garbage sack full of candy. I told you I was lucky. We then played the name that movie for a long time and Jen and I both thought we should move on and we found ourselves eating chips and queso dip instead. Scott and I had to leave at 10:00 because Paige and Anna had their own party to get to. They are 12 and 9 thank you very much and they had plans of their own. I was just grateful they came over at all so we could have a couple of hours of fun. Apparently after we left they finally played a fun game. Way to take your party back Jen. Ha. Scott and I barely made it to midnight and we went to bed. We had 9:00 church today and we had 1:00 church before so that is an adjustment to be sure. We haven't done anything to make New Year's Day special at all. Next year.
I've been preparing myself to potty train Gabby. It's a very scary thought. The method I used with Corbin worked so well I wanted to do it again. According to the author she thinks that 22 months is the ideal potty training age, (even though age 3 is much more common). Anyway I thought I would give it a shot because her method worked so well for me before. The main reason I am potty training early is because Gabby has incredibly sensitive skin and we have been battling severe diaper rash her whole life. We are both tired of it. When she came home from the hospital she had huge open sores for weeks. No fun! Anyway I've got meals in the freezer, underwear, treats, and rewards. I may just lose my mind. We will find out if this is a colossal mistake and if I will be a dismal failure or not. I will report for sure.
Look below for posts about Corbin's birthday and our Christmas.
Silly Gabby. Here are some of my favorite lines from her this week. Me: "Gabby will you clean up your blocks?" Gabby: "no thank you." Me: "Gabby, what movie do you want to watch?" Gabby: "mmm...I don't know." I love hearing her cute little voice talking. It's one of my favorite things. It is much better than her screams.
Cute Piper. I've been putting her in her exersaucer a lot this week. She mostly sits like a lump but she's getting more coordinated in it everyday.
Funny boy. Corbin dresses himself a lot. He often doesn't match. Oh well, it's better than him wearing his pajamas all day.
4 comments:
what method do you use for potty training? we want to get on that, just don't know which one to do. i am super stressed about it, but would love for jax to be potty trained before little girl gets here. that would help a lot for sure!
p.s. i loved your outfit today and your cute red nails :) you looked great! and great lesson :)
Glad you had a good New Years. Cute video and pool pictures. Good luck with the potty training.
I too loved your outfit today and I painted my nails today because I saw yours all cute and got jealous! Thanks for comin to my party. Yes my 12 and 9 year old have plans of their own - their my kids after all - they take after their partyin momma. Glad we had a fun game afterall! Wish you could have been there for me to splash some water on your face!
I too loved your outfit today and I painted my nails today because I saw yours all cute and got jealous! Thanks for comin to my party. Yes my 12 and 9 year old have plans of their own - their my kids after all - they take after their partyin momma. Glad we had a fun game afterall! Wish you could have been there for me to splash some water on your face!
Post a Comment