Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Shopping and Funny One Liners

I baked all day on Monday and we went and delivered our neighborhood goodies that night. I like to do it early for a few reasons 1. I like to get it over with. 2. I like to deliver my goodies early before everyone else. I figure this way people aren't already bogged down with neighborhood treats and they are more likely to be eaten and enjoyed this way. Sometimes we get so many things at the same time that we can't eat it all and stuff gets thrown out. Anyway so I'm done and I'm glad.

Scott went down to Texas this week again. Things went pretty well around here. Corbin had the stomach flu for a few days so we just kicked back and didn't do a whole lot. Corbin barfed all over my couch and carpet (right next to his barf bucket). That's okay, what are you going to do? Luckily my friend had this awesome cleaner from Denver Mattress that got the smell out. It was amazing. I went and bought some cleaner as soon as I could.

One bummer was I missed mutual because Scott was gone and my ward went Christmas caroling to David Archuleta. That's right. Apparently his aunt and uncle are in our ward and they went caroling to their house. They told them to come back in 30 minutes and David would be there. What! That's awesome. So good times were had by all. Can you imagine how excited those girls were? Oh and if you are wondering who he is, he's the cute teenage boy who was runner up on American Idol, plus he's also Mormon so I'm pretty sure that made the girls swoon even more.

On Saturday we got a babysitter and went Christmas shopping. It was fun. I actually left Piper with the sitter. Brave I know. The other kids were already in bed and seriously Piper is the best baby ever so I decided we should do it. We found some good stuff, we are excited.

Today has been a super busy day, it seems like Sundays generally are. Today was our special Christmas lesson in Young Women. We have a yummy breakfast and a special lesson. I helped with the lesson by saying a section from The Living Christ. I wanted to have it memorized so I worked really hard and had it memorized. Well I totally botched BIG TIME! So frustrating and embarrassing. Oh well, every time I have these experiences (which seems to be a lot) I figure it just builds my character, right? Anyway but really this helped me realize that sometimes we are assigned things to help us. I don't think the girls got much out of what I tried to say but I learned a lot. I had to read and say those lines so many times over the last few days that it really makes you think. I felt the spirit a lot while I was studying and I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to do so. I'm grateful for the Savior and all He has done for me. I'm especially thankful for that reminder during this season since it's the true reason we celebrate Christmas.

Some funny lines from Corbin this week. We were driving in the car and the sun was on his side and he didn't like it and he said "I need a shoot gun so I can pow the sun." Today they were watching Nephi and the Brass Plates and when they are traveling in the desert on the camels Corbin said "I never go to the desert, it's hot for boys." I was making cookies and Corbin said, "what's that yucky stuff?" I said "it's cookies." Corbin: "Oh! For Santa." I was cleaning a bottle with breast milk and Corbin said "I don't like that creepy milk." Ha!

Gabby is so adorable when she's not screaming bloody murder. She has so much personality now, she cracks me up. She tries to talk all the time and can say a lot of words. She's starting to say little sentences like "here you go mommy." "There it is." Scott handed her something and she said, "thanks, you're welcome, please." Not quite right. Ha. Oh and lately after copying Corbin she's learned to say "Mommy, watch" and then she does something that she thinks is funny. She also knows Jesus, Nephi, and Enos. Having scripture pictures on the walls has it's benefits.

Piper is still cute, good, and barfy. She is pretty close to rolling over and she likes to bat at her floor gym now.
That orange blob was as much as he painted and he was over it. Ha. He likes to watch me do things. He would rather watch me color his coloring book or paint or whatever it is. Hopefully if he watches me more he will want to do it more as well.
Cute Girls.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a few things:

1. Piper sleeps through the night? WHAT? I swear its because she sucks her thumb! Brigitte was the same. So adorable and I cant wait for the orthodontist bills! but...totally worth it!
2. Corbin is adorable. I laughed outloud about that creepy milk comment! so true Corb - it IS creepy!
3. Gabbys little flipped out hair is just the cutest. Very Mary tyler moore- LOVE IT!
4. What did you bake up for neighbors? Ive had a hard time finding big batch recipes for things other than standard cookie fare...I could use soem suggestions.
5. You missed DAVID? I cried a little for you...
and squealed with joy for your YW. What an amazing experience for them so FUN!

ok,thats all :)

Jarom and Melissa said...

Love these pictures of Piper. I am not even going to address the sleeping through the night issue because I am so jealous. Our guy STILL wakes up at least once a night and he's almost four. Hilarious that Corbin would rather watch you paint/color than do it himself. Bryson wouldn't think of letting US do something. We hope that Gabby's screaming subsides too. Glad you were able to do some baking and spread some Christmas cheer and that Corbin is feeling better. And sorry you missed the Archuletas.