Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thank Heaven for the Indoor Gym

I can't think of much to write about, that won't stop me and I'll probably still write forever. I have been working out 5 days a week which is a lot for me. I am trying to lose the last of my baby weight. That has to be one of the hardest parts about having children I think. It's hard to gain and lose 30 pounds every other year. It's hard to gain 30 because it's hard to gain enough but not too much and we all know that losing weight is hard. Blah. Anyway it feels really good to run again though. I haven't done that since my half marathon last summer.

I'm so thankful for my calling. I love being in Young Womens. I can't think of a better calling for a stay at home mother of 3 small children. I love going to mutual and doing fun activities with fun girls and getting a yummy treat. Plus I get a break from the children, I seriously love that.

My goals everyday other than fulfilling my responsibilities of wife, mother, homemaker are to exercise, read my scriptures, and practice the piano. It's hard to get all three done (a lot of times I don't) but I like having a challenge and something that I can work toward. I feel like it helps give me something to do during the day that I can better myself. Of course I question if it's good or not because what are my kids doing while I'm doing said activities, usually watching TV or playing video games. So that's not great but I think having things that make you happy and sane during the day are pretty important too.

Having my kids watch less television is also a goal I am slowly working toward. I am also trying to do more preschool activities with both of my kids but especially Corbin. I think part of the problem is really having the true desire and commitment to make it happen. It's a lot easier to let your kids watch a lot of TV. I will also have to work a lot harder to come up with mini lesson plans or activities. I am still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing. I am great with schedules as far as naps and meals but I struggle with the time in between. It's a work in progress for sure! Well enough random ramblings for now.


The indoor gym is open again. Hooray. It is a local church gym packed with toys and they are open a couple of times a week. We usually go at least once a week. It can be a real lifesaver in the winter time. Corbin loves that firetruck. He was on that practically the whole time. Gabby was ridiculous for the first 20 minutes but she finally warmed up and calmed down and had a great time. She ran back and forth across the gym so fast pushing this little car. We may have a future track star on our hands.
Falling asleep at floor time.

Piper and I often hang out at night time. That's when she gets some one on one time when the other kids are in bed.




Corbin unloading the dishwasher, which is also a work in progress. Anyway I took the picture to show you how much like his dad he is. Do you see how neatly he placed all of the dishes on the counter? So funny. He has always been like that. Even when he was very young he would take his trains and line them up in straight rows. If he plays with his magnets he puts them in lines by color on the easel. It cracks me up.


Gabby pulls funny faces during dinner. She is even more funny most of the time but the video gives you an idea.


Cute Piper talking.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Fun videos and photos. Good luck with the workout.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

what's the indoor gym? that sounds like something jax would love! is it at our church? how fun!!

and piper is so, so PRETTY!! really! she has the most gorgeous eyes! what a doll face!

XO

BlogMOMster said...

Piper just gets cuter and cuter! It is so fun to see your little girls interacting with you, with sparkly eyes and smiles. Darling. I remember trying to do "learning time" with my preschoolers individually everyday. Challenging but worthwhile. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Piper has completely changed! oh man, I do not want Benett to grow up that fast!! Such cute little cousins we have - Im glad I can count on you to bust out a baby every other year. It makes me feel a little less alone in this world :)

And ps - your workouts make me tired just reading about them. You definitely inherited your mother's love of goal making. Where does all your energy come from?????