Scott's parents decided to come and visit us for the weekend. That is always a good time. They came up Friday. We just hung around the house that night. Corbin made them play video games with him. On Saturday we went out to breakfast at Jerrys. Tradition! It is so good. Anyway after that we came home and vegged for a bit and then Janet and I went to Breaking Dawn. After that we came home and went to Good Wood for dinner, followed by Toys R US and Delsas for ice cream. We put the kids to bed and played Tripoly. Jeff had the most unbelievable hands. Four Kings for one hand a Straight Flush in Spades for another. Who can beat those hands? Nobody!
This morning we had breakfast and a few more rounds of video games. Nana and Papa tried to play Sack Boy on their own. Talk about the blind leading the blind. After that they headed home and we went to church. Corbin gave his first talk today in primary. He actually did it! Scott and I were both pretty amazed. I only had one day warning so it wasn't memorized or anything but he stood up and there and said all of the words and looked out at the audience. We were both pleasantly surprised. Sundays are pretty exhausting for both of us. Our kids seem to be especially wound up and wild on Sundays (understandably). We just like to come home and eat dinner and put the kids to bed early. I'm super excited for Thanksgiving, especially since it will mean I can put up my Christmas decorations.
Piper at breakfast.
Gabby getting orange juice from Papa.
Corbin getting orange juice from Nana.
I love that facial expression.
I love how everyone is eating ice cream while wearing winter coats. Hey ice cream is just that good.Papa versus Nana. Who wins? I don't think anyone knows the answer to that question. Can they both lose? Ha. (Not that I can play, ya right).
Corbin and Gabby playing with their new toy after church.
Gabby playing with her manger scene toy set from Nana.
Oh sweet Piper, we love you. Janet kept saying "I have yet to hear her cry." It's true she's the best baby, what can I say!
A bit of a blow out after church. She doesn't even cry when she's sitting in that! I looked down at dinner and Piper was sitting in her chair and I could see that her tights had sprung a leak to say the least! That diaper was unbelievable!





5 comments:
looks like you had a fun week! gabby looked super cute at church today! i loved her hair!! And dress! DARLING!
good thing piper saved that blow out til after you got home and not at church! :-) she's so thoughtful!!! ha!
Cute kids but I could have gone without seeing that poop! HEE HEE!
that poop brings back bad memories.
Jarom
That post was just enjoyable. Right down until the end when I shuddered in horrified recognition of the infamous 'blowout diaper'. I know there are many coming my way and I DO NOT look forward to it.
And next time you are on crack and shuffling scott to and fro WITH your kids in tow - PLEASE call Gabe and have him do that for you! SHEESH. You win the wife of the year award for SURE.
Glad that things went well while Scott was out of town and that your in-laws were able to visit. Sounds like everyone had a good time. That is one nasty diaper blow-out.
Post a Comment