Monday, February 4, 2008

Master! Master! Master of science is pulling your strings...


It's here! It's finally here! I've had a frame waiting for it to arrive since Fall of 2005. Now, February of 2008, it is here. My master's degree has arrived. In celebration, I finally cleaned out the office so that I could find a nice place for it. What a relief to have this finally wrapped up. I had a bit of a scare a few weeks ago when I was looking through my graduate program folder and found a graduation form with original signatures on it in my folder rather than in my file down at BYU. I called a couple of times about it but didn't get any answer. "Great," I thought, "That's all I need. I paid $540 tuition for 2 hours of faculty time to defend my thesis, and now I forgot to turn in one of my graduation forms. Good grief!" Then, last week, I finally got a hold of the graduate secretary who said that it looked like everything was square, and then the next day it came in the mail! Now I can finally get rid of this stack of research questionnaires and articles that I've been clinging to just in case until I had my degree framed and mounted on the wall. Hooray!

Farewell pile of papers! I've got my diploma now!

"Congratulations Daddy!"

2 comments:

Royce and Annika said...

Congratulations Master Scott! I'm proud to call you my friend.

Royce

BlogMOMster said...

I'm wondering why this isn't a Master of Arts. It used to be that an MS is distinguished from an MA by the recipient's knowledge of a foreign language. Mine is an MA degree. Your knowledge of Spanish is so good, I'm just wondering if they have changed how they designate an MS from an MA??????????
At any rate, hurray for you. It is a huge achievement. I hope it pays you back for all your efforts in increased income for your family over the years.