Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl Rock Band


So I don't have any pictures of last night, but I'll post some more Corbin pictures so you don't feel jipped. We were invited to join the newest members of the Beal family to move to Boise, Gabe and Christy, over at Christy's parents' home to watch the Super Bowl. Before we could do that though, I dragged my home teaching companion out during the first quarter of the game to visit our one active family for the first time. He was a good sport about it and said that this was only the second time he'd ever been home teaching (he's pretty new I've been told). It went well, and then everyone went their separate ways to enjoy the Super Bowl with friends and family.

The most exciting part of the game was watching it upstairs in Christy's brother's room using his projector and bedroom wall. The picture must have been over 100", so that was a good time. It was also a good time listening to Mitzi's brothers go crazy rooting for the Giants. I ate buffalo wings and fresh blueberries and watched those two dance around together, screaming and leaping when the Giants scored that last touchdown. Even Mitzi and I thought it was an exciting game, in spite of being sports scrooges usually.

After the game was over, Gabe "invited" (i.e. demanded) that we stay to join in a round of the XBox 360 game "Rock Band." It's like the game "Guitar Hero" in which your controllers are guitars with buttons on the frets and a switch where you strum. They even have whammy bars on them! Christy's brother had everything - two guitars, a microphone, and a drum set so everyone could join in. We played "Say it ain't so" by Weezer, "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Sabotage" by Beastie Boys, and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica. It was so much fun. We all took turns switching around instruments and it was reaffirmed to me that I have no rhythm. I cannot drum to save my life. We got booed off the stage everytime I drummed (that's how the game works, the worse you play, the angrier the crowd gets, and if you really bomb then they boo you off the stage). But when I grabbed the mic we rocked the house! I got 100% on one of the songs, a new record according to Gabe. "Well you know, I used to sing in a rock band," I told them. It's pretty cool, the microphone measures your pitch and how well you time your lyrics with the real song. Sweet.

The game basically works like "Dance Dance Revolution" which
most of you are probably familiar with. Instead of using your
feet, however, you play your instrument.

It was so much fun. Mitzi did pretty well at the drums. I have to say I was quite impressed. Then we came home to watch "Cops" and watched this Spokane, WA officer pursue this stolen truck into the forest where his car hit a stump and started a fire in the dry brush underneath his car. He couldn't get it out in time and in the next scene they showed four cops standing around watching this police cruiser completely engulfed in flames. It was pretty funny.

Without further ado, here are some pictures:

Baby Corbin at bathtime. He is a good sport when
it comes to getting scrubba-dubbed.


Our boy has the cutest double chin. He looks like
this picture of his Uncle Clarkie.

Uncle Clarkie at Aunt Carole's wedding
(Don't worry, this picture was staged for effect).

Playing airplane with Mommy! I bet he can't wait
to play swingbags with Daddy!

He doesn't do it much, but I managed to catch
one of his smiles on camera.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how fun! Little Corbin is so cute:)

meg said said...

Hey guys! I am always getting nice little comments on my blog from you guys, but I couldn't find yours! I finally did but it took some creative googling to track you down. :) Your little guy is SO cute! Mitzi, I bet you are having so much fun being a mom! And Scott, keep us posted on the police stories - sounds like such a sweet job! I wish we could see you guys more often!!!

Jed and Kate said...

I LOVE the smile! That is so freakin' cute! Way to go Scott on finally getting your diploma!! And how cool is NY for winning the Superbowl?!!! Such a good game!
-Kate

BlogMOMster said...

Superpost! Corbin is changing and growing and developing so quickly! It's killing me that you're 5 hours north. Glad you can still rock out, Scott.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Sounds like fun! I don't think I'd be very good at it, though I'm sure Jarom would be. Thanks for sharing the pictures of Corbin. I love the comparison between him and Clark and love the airplane photo. He's getting so big!
-- Melissa