
How about take a trip to Las Vegas! One of my two cousins on my mom's side is getting home from his second (or maybe third?) tour in Iraq, and he wanted to get everyone together in Las Vegas. His parents are flying in from St. Louis, my family is coming down from Salt Lake, Carole is flying up from San Diego, and Mitzi, Corbin and I didn't think we would be able to make it. Then, my schedule opened wide-up just in time, so we're headed down too. I think that after the last few months of what I've been through, not to mention the coming weeks that are sure to be a roaring good time (heavy sarcasm added), a vacation will be just what our little family needs.
We were debating on whether or not to bring our little boy, and Mitzi was envisioning all of the horrors of navigating a Las Vegas vacation with a 2 month old baby. But seeing as he is the first grandchild on my mom's side, and in my family, and because Aunt Carole still hasn't even met him, let alone anyone on my mom's side of the family, we decided to bring him. Also factored into that was the fact that I couldn't stand to be away from him for five whole days! He is just too adorable and I would miss him like Las Vegas misses the rain. Our go-to babysitters, Gabe and Christy (Christy is expecting their first this Summer), were very disappointed to hear we would be taking the handsome devil with us after all. I'm sure we'll find plenty of future opportunities for them to watch the fellow.
Anyway, so we're off for Corbin's first vacation. I'm sure he won't remember a thing, just like I don't remember a thing about the one time I went to Hawai'i when I was a wee laddy - what a jip. Additionally, I will be taking in job-hunting counsel from parents, friends, and mentors in the SLC area so that when I return it will be off to the races. I also have an appointment with my long-time friend Walker Ford who was in an almost identical situation to mine not a few months ago: Moved to Boise to take a new job, wife had a baby, bought a house, got laid-off. How about that. He has kindly offered to teach me a few tricks he learned during his bout with unemployment. I am so grateful to have so many wonderful friends and family members who have already expressed such support and willingness to help in this trying time. Thank you everyone!
Oh, and don't worry. I'm sure I'll find time to drag Mitzi and Corbin up to take some pictures of the Las Vegas temple. No trip would be complete without a trip to the temple I always say!
4 comments:
I would have been so sad had you decided to leave Corbin home! Don't worry, there will be plenty of people more than willing to take care of him and carry him around Vegas - myself included:)
It's also always comforting and helpful to get counsel from Mom & Dad. They have always been right in my book - even though I came to San Diego kicking and screaming. It was been an amazing opportunity and blessing for both me and Aaron.
Love you guys!
Brilliant!
Jarom
I thought the line about Las Vegas missing the rain was clever.
Did you take that photo of Las Vegas? I take it you (Scott) take all (or most) of the photos you display on your site. In that case, you have a great eye.
I think you should begin developing a set of characters and a story line. Figure out a way to combine your superioer photography, writing, (bowstaff?), and drawing skills. Write a comic strip or a children's book series.
I think the world needs a new Richard Scarry! In case you don't know who that is, you will shortly. He is one of the finest (in my opinion) children's books authors/illustrators.
Post a Comment