Friday, April 18, 2008

Baby Wise is Oh So Wise

When I first read the book Baby Wise it was right after I had Corbin and I was far too stressed and hormonal to deal with such a ridiculous book. I wanted to burn and destroy it. However I did apply certain principles from the book from the very beginning, like always putting your baby down to sleep awake so he can teach himself how to fall asleep, etc. I kind of half heartily applied the routine sort of but not really. Well I decided to read it again a few months later and I could deal with it much more the second time. Recently I have become much more strict about Corbin's routine and like magic he is sleeping through the night. It's awesome. I can't wait for when I have baby number two (of course I can wait, the longer the better) but I am going to be much more strict from the beginning and I know that the baby will be sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. Of course there are still things about the book that I think are ridiculous, it basically tells you that if your baby can't sleep through the night he will be retarded, and if he is continuously waking up at night it's because he's emotionally unstable from not getting enough love during the day. I seriously doubt that, and as Scott says a book is not a substitute for a brain. Scott is out of town for a few days and he is missing his little boy badly so I will post some more pictures for him. Love you Scott. Unfortunately Scott took the camera with him before he downloaded recent pictures. So sad. Oh well here are some pics anyway.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest little vans!!! I want some of my own! haha. I'm glad to hear you guys are going to St. George! I can't wait. Especially since little Corbin will be there this time!

Esther Noelle said...

Having your baby sleep through the night is life changing. :) And I'm like you, I feel like now I have so much more knowledge that the second baby is going to be so on track and so much easier! We shall see!!

The Cannons said...

Oh my heck! I miss my little boy so much! I was just speaking with my dear friend Richard (who has yet to have a baby of his own) about how having a baby gives you access to an entirely new track of emotions that is totally unavailable to you until you have a baby. It's the craziest thing. It's similar to getting married, and how you gain access to an entirely new track of emotions when you get married that the unmarrieds just don't understand. Anyway, thanks for posting the new pictures babe! I'm so excited to see you guys on Sunday. I miss my family! Loves.

Scott

Jarom and Melissa said...

I can't get over the size of Corbin in comparison to little Bryson. He looks like such a well-natured kid though. Good for you to already have him sleeping through the night. Thanks for the tips.
-- Melissa

Ginnie said...

Have you ever read, "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child"? I have this book, plus Baby Wise and the Secrets of the Babywhisperer book. I was pretty uptight about how to raise Cameron before we had him. I agree with the routine thing with Cameron. He's been sleeping through the night for a long time and still takes pretty good naps during the day. I know every kid is different, but I think that if parents stuck to a routine more, their children would sleep better. Just my observations.