
I've decided to start my own blog where I can post all of my arguably less-interesting posts about global warming, politics, history, economics, and world events. That way, I won't clutter the family blog and can still vent my thoughts and feelings to those who are genuinely interested in listening rather than subjecting those of you whose primary interests are baby pictures, baby videos, and the occasional weekend update by continuing to post my oft overlong soapboxes here.
For any who are interested, bookmark http://thescottrants.blogspot.com
I've recently posted a rant about Austrian economist Friedrich Hayek, the man who inspired the economic reforms of Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. His book The Road to Serfdom basically states that socialism, although ideologically and emotionally appealing, may only be implemented through necessarily undemocratic and eventually totalitarian means. This is why the only difference between "nice" socialism and evil "Communism" and "National Socialism" (aka "Naziism") is that Communism and Naziism basically don't entertain any illusions about the brutality needed to accomplish their socialist goals - they represent the "fast track" to practical socialism.
Anyway, I'm ranting too much already. Tune in soon for a post on why Iran is, on the one hand, plotting ceaselessly to annihilate the state of Israel and, on the other hand, home to the largest middle-eastern Jewish population outside of Israel. "How does that work?" you may ask. Visit my rants to find out one reason why.
1 comment:
linked.
scott is a big nerd.
keep it coming.
Jarom
Post a Comment