Friday, August 15, 2008

Corb's Got Croup

Corbin has had a runny nose on and off for the past two weeks. He got sick about 2 weeks ago but he felt a lot better within 24 hours but his nose kept running. For about three nights he was waking up crying a few times a night because he couldn't breathe very well. Two nights ago I was up with Corbin almost the entire night. His runny nose was no longer the only issue. He was screaming for the majority of the night. At 3:00 in the morning Scott and I went for a drive to try to get him to fall asleep. It worked of course, but then there is always the dilemma of getting out of the car. He would fall asleep for about an hour and cry for about an hour. It was awesome. Corbin and I both crashed and took a 45 minute nap together at 6:45 in the morning. He was up at 7:30 ready for his breakfast. We took him to the doctor that day and found out he has croup. Having a sick baby is pretty much the saddest thing ever. We wondered how much sleep we would get last night but he slept nearly 12 hours so that was awesome. He seems to be doing a lot better today. He is still a happy baby even when he is sick so other than the other night it's not so bad for us anyway. Poor baby.

Corbin fell asleep on the way home from the doctor, he had a terrible time, especially when they checked his ears and nose twice! He was screaming so hard and fighting to get away and let me tell you he is STRONG! (Side note, changing his diaper and getting him dressed is a total joke now).
Whenever I am doing anything in the kitchen Corbin follows me in and then he grabs my leg and climbs up and stands next to me. I think it's pretty cute.
Here is Corbin at the park in the swing, what do you think does he like it?
Oh and this is just a random picture of our little garden. This is our 3rd attempt at growing a garden. Maybe we'll get some vegetables this year.


We took this video of Corbin at the park swing. He must have thought he was swimming because he kicked his legs furiously like he was trying to get somewhere. We tried to capture it on film but you know how that goes.


This is just a video of us playing with Corbin, this was hours before the croup hit.

8 comments:

Jarom and Melissa said...

I'm sorry to hear Corbin's sick. I wish him a speedy recovery for all your sakes'. Sick babies are the saddest thing ever. I love the picture of Corbin with you in the kitchen. Too cute!
-- Melissa

Scot and Jenny said...

Poor Corbin! I hope he starts feeling better soon. Poor little guy. Oh and I just can't get over what a cute mom you are! I love it!

Liz said...

What a sad boy, even though he looks happy in the pictures. When Jamison had croup, we found that putting a humidifier in his room at night helped. Hopefully you all can get some sleep soon!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Great pic of you two in the kitchen.

Jarom

BlogMOMster said...

Poor sweet little baby. I know it makes you feel so helpless when they are sick and you can't make it better or easier for them. It's a prime frustration of parenthood. Wishing you well very soon -

Anna Beal said...

Ok...so Mycah has had this same runny nose for about a week now. I think I will take her to the Dr. tomarrow..I don't know what do you think?

Jed and Kate said...

I can't believe he is old enough to be pulling himself up and standing now! CRAZY! I don't even know this kid!

Karen said...

Poor little man! He's such a happy guy! Way to go on the standing. It is way cute that he pulls up on you and just stands there. He loves his mommy.
Eli is approaching impossible diaper changing these days. I'll have to start doing it on the floor soon. I'm afraid he's going to launch himself off the changing table one of these times.