Monday, August 25, 2008

Sunday Night Tradition

I needed something to write about that would allow me to post some more baby videos, so bear with me. Mitzi, a lover of games, discussed with me last night that she wanted to start a Sunday evening tradition of playing family games. We can't typically play until after the baby goes to bed (we turned our backs on him for a few seconds and he ended up pulling our decorative silk tree on top of himself - maybe that will finally keep him away as he is so persistent in getting into things he isn't supposed to) so we have a narrow window between baby bedtime and Mommy and Daddy bedtime. But last night we managed to fit in a game of TV Scene It (Scott: 1, Mitzi: 0) and four games of Clue (Scott: 2, Mitzi: 2). After trouncing me the first game Mitzi poked fun at my "strategy" and told me why hers was so much better. I informed her that she thought hers was better but they had the exact same effect. She refused to believe me and I went on to win the next two games. She refused to end on a losing streak and we ended the night even-Steven. One last thing: For Cannon blog aficionados, you may remember we were bound and determined to beat Super Mario Brothers but as of early July were stumped on world 8. Last night we managed to fit in some time with the Brothers, but we have yet to pass world 8; it's SO hard!

Now that that's out of the way, here is a video:



Corbin usually does other funny eating faces, but he decided to show of his flexing and intensity for the camera, also known as his "Popeye pose" - hopefully we'll get his quirky eating faces on video as well.

We were also going to post a bathtime video with Corbin exhibiting how cooperative he is in the bathtub and how easy it is to wash him (sarcasm sarcasm) but he was so squirmy that there ended up being a bit too much nudity for us to feel good about posting it on the internet. After all, he may run for office some day and the last thing he'd need is incriminating naked baby videos popping up on the internet - Scandal!

5 comments:

The Cannons said...

I just have to say that the fact that SCOTT hasn't beaten Super Mario Brothers tells you something. He will play a video game for a few days and it will be conquered! I need to re-watch the U-tube video of that guy that beats in in 5 minutes! Craziness. Now that's a nerd.
Mitzi

Anna Beal said...

He is so dang cute I just can't get enough. Alex told me the other day that Corbin is so dang cute, and he thinks he's cuter than our own kids, what do you think about that. Love the pop-eye pose.

Anonymous said...

Yay for little Corby videos!!! He's such a cutie pants.

Jarom and Melissa said...

He is so cute. I love his enthusiasm for everything he does. It's so funny. And good for you for saving Corbin the future humiliation of embarrassing home videos. I love that Mitzi can't stop playing games on a losing streak. I miss that. We'd love to do a game night with you guys like we used to, but we live far away and you guys always beat us anyway or called us cheaters. Haha! Good times!
-- Melissa

Scot and Jenny said...

I love that you still LOVE to play games. You used to scare me a little when we played games, so much so that I quit playing with you! Ha ha ha. Remember how our apartment would have like 9,000 people in it on Sunday nights to play that crazy card game! Oh the good old days...