Monday, August 18, 2008

Running Anyone?

I am trying to motivate myself to getting into better shape by training for some type of race. I think I found a winner race, now I just need to do it. Is anyone else in the Boise area interested to run it with me? It is the prison break 1/2 marathon on October 25th., but it also has a 10K, and a 5K, run/walk. So really anyone can do it. It looks like it's actually a pretty fun race they start the race by playing the prison siren. Here's the link, check it out and let's get into shape. I think it could also be a good excuse for Scott's family to come and have a visit in Boise. Come on, you know you want to.

12 comments:

amanda cannon said...

If I liked running I would be all over that! But I don't... unfortunately. But if you're looking for motivation I saw "Run Fatboy Run" and it cracked me up but I also wanted to be a runner for like a week. :) You should watch it. I bet you'll love it!

Piper said...

So I don't know if I told you this already but the 1/2 marathon I was planning on running in October in Boston filled up before I got the chance to sign up. So pretty much I'm totally bummed out AND I've stopped running. Lame huh?

Anna Beal said...

I thought you were hoping to be Prego again? That would be fun...prego mommy running. We'll see, I may join you, but then again...I HATE RUNNING.

Anonymous said...

Mitzi I would LOVE to do it with you! Maybe if I come home for a visit around the end of Oct. I'll sign up with you:) It would be so fun to come see you guys in Boise!

The Cannons said...

I am NOT hoping to be pregnant by October, just for the record.
Mitzi

Unknown said...

Hi Mitzi- Thanks for the feedback. I changed the link if you want to try it again :)

About the race. My friend and I might want to join you. We think we are going to be runners someday :) Can you email your phone number to me so I can call and get details? brookheart@gmail.com

rendar2 said...

Me run?? HAHAHAHA... Right. I do the treadmill but even that is a nice brisk walk. I didn't realize you were in Boise (I'm dense huh?) You're not far from me, at the moment hubby & I are in Twin Falls. Sweet!! If you're ever through this way we need to have an ice cream or something, then I can harrass you about marrying a fantasty geek!!! Karma is a funny thing isn't it? :)

Unknown said...

Id rather die.

But seriously - way to go! Ill be cheerin you on from the comfort of my couch :)

The Hannibals said...

You're amazing Mitzi. If I were there I would totally cheer for you along the sidelines! But, hey that reminds me of a hilarious story you told me about when we were still at BYU-I. It involved you running and a very upset bird. Lol. I love your stories :)

Scot and Jenny said...

Good for you for being motivated like that. You have always been good at that game. I would be all pumped at first and then I would slowly poop out. Remember when you were trying to help me before we ran that 5K? Good times. Seriously though, I would probably consider signing up with you if it weren't for the fact that I live in Colorado. That wouldn't really work out. But good luck!

Jarom and Melissa said...

I was actually thinking of doing a 5K or something to get back in shape after having Bryson. (Sorry, no long marathons this time). Too bad we don't live closer.
-- Melissa

Jill Manning said...

Mitzi, I wish I lived near by, i am also looking for a race to enter. I took my first run post pregnancy the other day and I am sooo out of shape and need a good race to get in shape for. Good luck with it!!