Ok, so I have read all of the "Twilight books", at least that's what I call them: Twilight 1, 2, 3...you get the idea. I like them but I'm not obsessed with them like some people (if that's you, that's totally cool). And just so you know, I get obsessed about lots of things too, okay, so I'm not making fun. Plus, I'm married to Scott and he's a total obsessed freak (he's watched LOTR #1 like 30 times). Wowza. Anywho, so I didn't feel too much pressure to read Twilight #4 right away until I realized that reading people's blogs could ruin my life and spoil it for me. It doesn't matter how into something I am, I do not want to hear anything about it! I agree with my friend Kate in that sometimes movie previews/TV commercials give too much info away. So I decided I needed to act fast and read it so that I could get back to blogging (which is part of my everyday life).
I called my sister in law who I knew had the book and asked her how it was coming along. She said that she hadn't even started it yet and told me I could read it before her. Sweet! So the pressure was on to get it read, not only for myself so I could return to the blogging world, but also so my sis in law could read it too. (By the way, I didn't just buy it because I don't like to buy books-I am too cheap and prefer to use the library, plus finding the space for storage = UGH). The point is that I was scared to check people's blogs in case there were any spoilers out there. So now that I'm done I want to hear what you all thought about Twilight #4. If you haven't read it yet, don't read any of the comments, DUH. So ya what did you think? (By the way I know I sound so Valley Girl I just can't help myself sometimes).
7 comments:
Well, I'm glad to have somewhere that I can talk about this book. Walker has banned me from mentioning "Breaking Dawn" because he's tired of hearing about it.
Like you, I've read the books but am not obsessed. They are addicting and I enjoyed the first one the most.
That said, I absolutely hated "Breaking Dawn." What was Stephenie Meyers thinking? The whole Jacob imprinting on Bella's kid was freakish and wrong. And I feel like it teaches young girls (the majority of the Twilight readers) that all you need, to be happy for the rest of your life, is to have lots of money and a hot guy. And I have problems with Bella wanting to stay human longer just so she can have sex.
I felt that there was a big build-up and yet no climax. The volturi comes at the end, we're all expecting something big, and for me, there was nothing.
Alright, I could go on longer, but that's probably enough. Thanks for giving me a spot that I could vent. :)
What did YOU think of the book?
Well I really liked it. I had no expectations for the book, I couldn't even remember what happened in book 2,3, until I did a recap with my sister in law. I probably should have re-read them but I didn't want to. I really liked Bella in this book, she is the hero I think and finally at the end she starts to realize how special she is. I don't know it surprised me that she married Edward and became a vampire, I didn't think she would go through with it. I don't know what I expected to happen but ya.
I thought the Jacob section was a little annoying, I don't really like being in Jake's head he is kind of immature and annoying but I like Jake at the same time. I hate, hate, hated the name Renessme, I got so sick of reading that stupid name over and over. Woof.
I kind of thought Leah and Jacob would get together and I thought that would be good, but then at the same time they bring a lot of baggage. So maybe they wouldn't be too healthy together. I liked that Jacob imprinted on Nessie so he could get over Bella already.
I've heard some people think the book was rated R, I did not think that at all. I've also heard some people didn't like it at all and they wish she would have stopped at book 3. I thought it was definitely needed. Anyway I can't think of what else to say...I liked it. Oh and it's between Twilight #1 and #4 that are my favorite of the series but I can't decide.
Mitzi
Liz,
I can definitely see what you are saying for sure. I could have done without all of the sex stuff. I kind of thought the "battle" could have been better for sure. I mean no casualties, come on! If you've read Harry Potter she totally kills off characters and I think that makes it more believable and emotional.
Mitzi
I think I do need to read the series again when I'm not pregnant. I felt like I had some vampire child inside me every time the baby kicked :)
Let's see, not my favorite (#1 rocks my world) but it was still entertaining and there is no doubt that I love the way Stephenie Meyer tells a story. I didn't feel that Edward was as prominent in this book which made me sad because I am totally a member of Team Edward and kind of missed him in this book. But I am glad that Bella didn't have to choose between Edward and Jacob at the end of the book, having Jacob imprint on Nessie was a great twist and a great way to make sure that everyone lives happily ever after. I just didn't feel that the same vibe that drove the other three books was present in the fourth book. And I can't stand the name of their daughter. BUt overall, it was a good book and I am just dying for the movie to come out and for Midnight Sun (Edwards version of Twilight) to be released, a book all from Edward's perspective?...yes please!
Totally not my favorite of the series. Yes, she's an entertaining writer, but I have to agree--it was over the top for me. Too much sex stuff and a little too creepy. I felt like she crossed over the line from different but fun to just too weird. I loved, LOVED the first 3, especially number 1, and I couldn't put them down. But I felt this one was missing the light-hearted fun stuff of the others and didn't even have a great ending.
I did like how Bella finally got some confidence. But I thought her daughter's name was just dumb. Funny story though, I totally thought/knew we were going to have a boy and then we had a girl, so I had to laugh at that part.
I actually loved the book. I had my "issues" with some of the events that occured, but overall I was very pleased. Above anything else, I was shocked at the baby news and the imprint. Didn't see that one coming. I'm just glad that Bella finally became a vamp and got to stay with Edward forever. I loved how she finally figured out how to control her brain and let Edward in. What else can I say--I love the books. I'm probably a little more obsessed than I should be, but oh well.
Post a Comment