Monday, December 15, 2008

Called to Serve

My little brother is all growed up. I can't believe it but my little brother Chase is going on a mission. He will be in the MTC on Wednesday. He got called to Fort Worth Texas. It will be so weird to have a brother on a mission again. I have four older brothers who all served about a million years ago. We all got together for a wild and crazy weekend before Chase left. We played lots of games, ate lots of food, and watched some Christmas movies. It was a great time. My mom really pulled it off. She has way too many kids.

Scott and my brothers went and shot guns on Saturday. They had to stop so they wouldn't freeze to death (it dropped into the low single-digits and there was a wind-chill on top).

Little family photo in front of the Christmas tree which is completely blocked. Oh well.

This is my family including in-laws, nieces and nephews, and my grandma. Believe it or not we are still missing 6 people including my napping baby.

My parents bought a new car and decided to let us have their old one. We did a car swap this morning and we are so excited. It's newer, and bigger, and we are totally stoked about it. Thanks mom and dad!

We had to put our Christmas tree on top of a night stand so that Corbin would leave the tree alone. It looks pretty dorky but it's much better than having a constant battle with a curious baby.

5 comments:

mindy said...

LOL, my mom gave me a virtual car (a picture of one). Your family is so beautiful! I love your blog!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Scot and Jenny said...

Wow, how great for your brother! By the way I am loving that jacket you are wearing! You dress so dang cute! We need to go shopping...someday...when we don't live a million miles away from each other...

Anna Beal said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got the red car. You needed something else badly! That should be really nice for you. I'm really bummed that we missed out this weekend. Alex was feeling particularly bad. I just didn't want to tell someone that because I'm prego and have a baby still that they need to get out of a room and find a place to sleep on the already crowded floor :>! Sounds like it was a fun time.

Unknown said...

whatever - you did a WAY better recap than I did! And Im still coveting your church outfit from sunday. It has motivated me to get on my elliptical and not eat cheese and mayo all day long. dont barf - i seriously do that. Anyway, it was very very cute.

Lindsay said...

Yay! Ft. Worth! My home, beautiful home! He will love it there! If he ever needs anything let me know...I know people there!