Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Latest

I know you have all been on pins and needles to see what I've been working on so here ya go.
My friend Sherri sews and she and her daughters made these scrap bags and I fell in love. Just grab some scrap pieces, slab some batting in between and voila you have a bag. Okay it's a little more than that but ya.
I made this coordinating diaper case to go with my diaper bag. I got that off of the Make it and Love it website. Love it!

My sister in law is having a baby in a few weeks. Her sister is also pregnant so they had a combined baby shower. Anna has two girls and is having her first boy and her sister has two boys and is having her first girl. How cute is that? These are the gifts I made for their baby shower. I used Heather Bailey's baby bootie pattern and Scott drew the onsie designs. To applique this website is helpful along with having a seamstress for a friend and neighbor. Love ya Jen.


Last but certainly not least is my new apron. I am in love. I wish this was a dress I could wear to church. It's reversible so I can choose my apron according to my mood. I love them both. The best part was I bought the fabric last week at JoAnns for 40% off. Sweet! I'm still stoked about it. (I borrowed the pattern from my friend Jen, who owns tons of cute patterns. Lucky me. You could probably find it at quilting shop or at their website.)

17 comments:

Pierce Family said...

I am totally in love with your apron!!! Awesome job!

The Cannons said...

That apron looks so good babe! Way to sew! I married such a talented woman. How lucky am I?!

Scott

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i LOVE that apron!!


will you make me one???? Ü

Amber said...

Dang girl, you are talented! Everything is so cute and I especially LOVE your aprons!!! :)

Scot and Jenny said...

OK, I think you need to make me one of those scrap bags or at least email me how to do it because i am IN LOVE with that! Soooo cute! By the way could you be any skinnier? You look great and you are sooo talented!

Anna Beal said...

Look at you go! Looks like you've found your "thing"! :)

Jarom and Melissa said...

Can we say obsessed? Just kidding. Very nice. Love the baby outfits and the aprons. You should totally make a dress like that. You could start a business with all the projects you're doing. Good for you and your craftiness.

The Pucketts said...

I love everything! You are so talented!

The Cannons said...

I'd be the first to say I'm obsessed. Hopefully it's a healthy obsession.
Mitzi

Karen said...

Talk about talented!!! I love the apron! Did you buy a pattern for it or is there a website you got the "how-to" from?? I would love it if you could tell me what the link is, if you found it on the internet.

Catherine said...

Very impressive miss thing! Cute fabric and on sale...does lofe get any better?

Catherine said...

Very impressive miss thing! Cute fabric and on sale...does life get any better?

sherri said...

I think you should do the aprons for another sewing day with the girls, or the baby things.. so cute! You are awesome!

Sarady said...

Oh. Em. Gosh. Mitzi, seriously, you are so talented. I love everything you made. The aprons are really classy and cute.

Ilene and Zac Thatcher said...

So cute! You're getting so good! I'm jealous :)

Jill Manning said...

Yeah for the Emmaline apron...it looks adorable!!! Way to go!!

The Hannibals said...

Oh holy crap Mitzi! You're amazing! I love everything. You're totally making me want to give sewing a shot again. I think my one and only sewing attempt was too ambitious for a first-timer ( I made a messenger bag for my temple clothes ). Crazy, but I saw the Amy Butler fabric and just had to try.