Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Sewing Projects
It's been awhile since I posted any of my projects, so I thought I would post them. I haven't done too many new things. I didn't sew anything for a few months at the beginning of my pregnancy. I was far too tired and unmotivated for such activities. I also go through sewing spurts where I want to sew all the time and then not so much. I am kind of in a sewing spurt right now though. Don't mind all of the self portraits I really do hate posing for pictures but you get a better idea when they are on.
I added the border to this dress because it was too short. I had the help of my trusty friend Jen and her serger. Oh and I made the head band. Obviously. I love how Corbin is clearly ready for church too.
I bought this maternity dress at Ross for $8 but thought it needed a little something extra so I made the sash.
I finally made myself a purse. I have been sporting the same old disgusting purse since high school. I know, I know. I guess it was just time for a change. Ha.
I made my baby a baby quilt. I am waiting on a ward member to quilt it on her fancy machine and then I will bind it and finish it.
And lastly my first dress for my baby girl. It's not finished yet. I need to sew the neck and arms and gather them up cute. Unfortunately my machine couldn't do it, Jen's machine couldn't do it, and the ward machine couldn't do it. You put elastic thread in the bobbin and it bunches up the stitch. But apparently those three machines have a tension problem. So I think my friend Jen might have to do it for me at her sister in law's house. Just know that it will be cute. Oh and it's a size 2T in case you think it looks ginormous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Cute! I love it all! The bag turned out so good! I really like that flower you put on there, now I really want to make mine. Good job!
Wow! You are so amazing! I wish I could sew. :)
I LOVE the pink scarf.... soooo cute!!!
Mitz--you need to start selling your aprons! Start an e-bay store or something!
So cute! You are so ambitious! Love the baby dress.
now that you are feeling motivated again...how bout some private sewing lessons. namely in the baby onesie and shoe department, along with baby dresses and of course the purse. hello - I might need an intervention!
So cute Mitzi!
Wow, crafty! So cute! Love the alteration to the maternity dresses!
Cute ideas! I love that you embellished your clothing. So smart. I have a couple of drab items in my wardrobe that might be able to get some renewed life if I just do that. Your sewing projects are really cute. The purse is awesome, although I think you should bronze your high school purse since it lasted that long. Also, are you sure you're pregnant? You aren't even showing!!!
Post a Comment