Sunday, January 31, 2010

9 Months Pregnant

It's official. I have less than 4 weeks left of this pregnancy. So really it could happen at any time. I kind of hate that. On the one hand you need to be ready in case it happens early, but you also need to plan on going past your due date so you aren't disappointed and have the longest month of your life. So that's basically what I am doing. I really do think this baby is going to stay in here until at least February 27th, but like I said you still need to be prepared. In the meantime I am trying to just enjoy the time left that I have with just me and Corbin. We go to story time at the library and to an indoor gym and I just try to soak up our time together because after another sibling comes it will be forever different. I'm kind of worried for him, but I'm sure he'll adjust with time. He is very jealous and he freaks out if I hold another baby or show attention to some child other than him.

I'm also a bit of a spas and once I set my mind to something it has to get done. Scott refers to this as "Mitzi, has another bee in her bonnet." Right now that bee is my baseboards. They have been bugging me forever but of course I wait until I am 9 months pregnant to do something about it. I have to say that it's pretty painful kneeling on the ground with my big ol' belly but that's the price you pay. I try to paint a little section of our house during Corbin's naps. I have painted the front entryway, the hallway, and the kitchen. I honestly don't know if I care or will be motivated enough to do the bedrooms. For sure I want to do our family room and the main bathroom. We'll see what happens. Scott is working on repainting our doors. He's done three so far. He paints on Saturday and it takes him a long time. He is a lot slower but more meticulous than I am. Anyway blah ba de blah. I also have a few other sewing projects I might try to get done. I really don't think I want this baby to come for another 4 weeks I've got too much do.

10 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

You are the cutest pregnant lady EVER!! And, for the record, I think that you will definitely go before me... so either you're going to be early or I am going to be late - either way. Wanna place bets? - let's make this interesting :)

Amber said...

I'm so excited for you! I think the 2nd time around is much easier. My toddler is the challenging part of my life but Logan is a piece of cake. Been there, done that, it ain't no thing! I'm sure it will be the same for you! Some advice I got was to have some gifts at the hospital for Grace that were "from Logan". He gave her a stuffed animal bear with a bottle so she warmed up to him quickly. :) Btw, you look GREAT for being 9 months pregnant!!!

The Cannons said...

Chelsey you are on. You are totally having your baby first. So what should we bet? Bragging rights or...?

Catherine said...

Look how cute you look! What a hot momma! Ew about kneeing do paint those baseboards, that does sound tough.

Anna Beal said...

Seriously Mitzi, you look so good for being 9mo's prego! I cried right before I had Mycah, I was kinda sad it was no longer just Dejah and me.

Scot and Jenny said...

Mitzi you are so dang cute! You look beautiful and I'm lovin' your boots. I have been searching for boots to wear with my dresses FOREVER! I just can't find the right ones. Grrrr. Painting baseboards is painful and not fun, good for you for getting that done! I need to do that too but I just don't know if I have the dedication.

Mitzi Beal said...

Jenny,
It took me years to find black boots that I liked. I would go and look and never found anything. I think I got these at Famous Footwear but it's been a couple of years since I got them.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Oh no, bragging rights will go automatically to who goes first. We need much higher stakes :)

Unknown said...

You look 7 months pregnant. Not 9. Way to go. You did it!!! I dont think Im going to be able to keep my 25# goal...but so help me Im going to try!

I feel the same way about Brigitte. Im sad she will have to share me with brother because I am SO fabulous :) j/k. But it is scary to think about the impossibility of multitasking attention for two. I hope it works out - let me know if I need chemical assistance to get me through the first month or so :)

And if its a total disaster - thank goodness Jory lives nearby! Corbin and Brigitte can have 'summer camp' with brynn and braden!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Looking good for nine months pregnant. Hopefully the next four weeks will go as planned. We can't wait for baby number 2!
-- Melissa