Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter

It's been awhile. Last weekend we were all going to go to Arco to see my little brother and sister in their high school play, but I got mastitis earlier in the week and Corb woke up with croup. I decided I was feeling good enough and I really wanted to see K&K in their play. So I took Gabs with me and hitched a ride with Hart and Jory and left the boys for the weekend. I'm so glad I went. I felt bad that Scott missed out because Kelsey and Keaton were hilarious. They did the play Annie Oakley and Kelsey was Annie and she was fantastic. Really I mean she's a natural born actress, not to mention she is so competitive she fits the part to a T. Keaton was Charlie and he was so funny and he definitely had the best male voice by far. Plus watching Kelsey plant the biggest open mouth kiss I've ever seen was too classic to miss! The rest of the weekend we had a great time chatting it up with everyone.

We got a Easter goody box from Nana and Papa so yesterday morning I hid Corbin's treats all around the house. He was very excited with each new discovery. Although I think he was confused when we said it was from Nana and Papa because then he was just wondering where they were. We decided to try going to an Easter egg hunt at a park and boy was it crowded. We were late and missed the egg hunt and then there was just a giant line to do anything else (the bouncy house, decorate brownies, see the Easter bunny, pet the bunnies). So we pretty much watched Corbin run around on the lawn for a minute and then we bailed. It was pretty lame but luckily Corbin is too young to know any different. After dinner we decorated some Easter eggs and this morning before Conference I hid them around the backyard and helped Corbin find them. Tonight for dinner we're having ham, creamy scalloped potatoes, salad, homemade rolls, and Paula Dean's Strawberry Shortcake. It's going to be some seriously unhealthy yumminess around here.
Gabby is the best baby. We love her. She is so sweet and cute and she hardly ever cries and she is an excellent sleeper. We couldn't be happier. In fact she has already slept through the night several times and if she does wake up it's just to eat once! She's the best.

Corbin discovered the wheels on the crib and he also discovered a new fun game. Needless to say we took the crib down since the baby won't be using it for several more months anyway.

Scott discovered Corbin picking out all the of the chocolate chips in these brownies. He is his mommy's boy. We both love chocolate.

Corbin will play video games with daddy sometimes. It's pretty cute. I probably won't think it's as cute when he wants to play video games all the time.
A mouth full of chocolate. What could be better?

This video gives you a little hint of how much of a grunter our baby is. It's hilarious, this tiny little lady can give the manliest most unfeminine grunts you've ever heard. We love it. It makes us laugh all day because she does it all the time.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I am so jealous! My baby boy is a better sleeper than Grace was but not as good as Gabby!!! He still wakes up at least twice in the night... sometimes 3 times. No fun! Enjoy your sleep!!! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I seriously am so jealous of your babymoon with Gabby. Minus the mastitis of course - thats the worst. But im so glad shes been so easy to enjoy. It makes me excited not to mention hopeful!!!

And how cute is Corbin? Seriously its too bad we were at the cabin all weekend, I would have loved to do an egg hunt for him and Brigitte together. It would have been hilarious.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Glad that you had a fun Easter even with the crowded park. Those little grunts are so cute. Good call on taking down the crib, and I'm glad you got to see the play. Mastitis is the worst! But don't even talk to me about your baby sleeping through the night at less than two months since mine didn't sleep through the night until he was twenty-two months. Other than that, I'm glad Gabby is doing well and she's sleeping for you.

BlogMOMster said...

NONE, I repeat NONE of my children slept through the night until they were older. How lucky can you get? Sweet baby Gabby, what a doll. Sweet Corbin - I miss him great big!