I am so not a patient person. I remember years ago I actually thought I was patient. I don't know why I would have ever thought something as ridiculous as that. I pray for more patience all the time which really is a terrible idea because then I just get a million opportunities a day to try to practice patience. And I actually want to have a large family, I guess I really do want to learn patience. Anyway the reason I am saying all of this is because I am by no means patient enough to do a decent job at making a gingerbread train. Ah yet another failed opportunity for growth, but luckily good times were had by all. Corbin was hilarious. He kept saying "this is so fun" and "I'm so excited" and "good job mommy."
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Gingerbread Train
Scott brought back a gingerbread train from Nana. We had ourselves a fun FHE last night. We watched "Samuel and the Sign" cartoon since we don't have the one with the birth of Jesus and then we decorated our train. I asked Corbin how we celebrate Christmas because "who was born?" to which he replied "baby Jesus." I had visions of Scott decorating the most amazing gingerbread train but for some reason I wound up doing it. I know by the pictures you will surely think Corbin did the train by himself, sadly he had lots of help from me.
I am so not a patient person. I remember years ago I actually thought I was patient. I don't know why I would have ever thought something as ridiculous as that. I pray for more patience all the time which really is a terrible idea because then I just get a million opportunities a day to try to practice patience. And I actually want to have a large family, I guess I really do want to learn patience. Anyway the reason I am saying all of this is because I am by no means patient enough to do a decent job at making a gingerbread train. Ah yet another failed opportunity for growth, but luckily good times were had by all. Corbin was hilarious. He kept saying "this is so fun" and "I'm so excited" and "good job mommy."



I am so not a patient person. I remember years ago I actually thought I was patient. I don't know why I would have ever thought something as ridiculous as that. I pray for more patience all the time which really is a terrible idea because then I just get a million opportunities a day to try to practice patience. And I actually want to have a large family, I guess I really do want to learn patience. Anyway the reason I am saying all of this is because I am by no means patient enough to do a decent job at making a gingerbread train. Ah yet another failed opportunity for growth, but luckily good times were had by all. Corbin was hilarious. He kept saying "this is so fun" and "I'm so excited" and "good job mommy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
oh what a fun FHE!!! i wish we were better at having an acutal lesson and such for FHE. it is so hard when you just have a baby though. corbin looked like he had a blast. how fun!
Hurray! I was hoping that Corbin would be excited and like the gingerbread train. Thank you, Mitzi, for taking the time to do it with him. I KNOW that is a lesson in patience. Looks great!
Love the background music on the video. That same music is going at our house!
Chelsey,
Oh man our FHE is a work in progress for sure. We didn't even have it at all for years, then we had an adult FHE, and now we are trying to have more of a traditional FHE.
Janet,
Scott hardly even likes Christmas music but whenever it's his choice it's always Roger Whitaker.
Such fun memories. Corbin will never forget that.
So fun!
Post a Comment