Even though I'm not in school anymore and my kids aren't in school yet, I still definitely go on vacation mode during Christmas break. This week has been fun. On Wednesday night we met with some of my family and went swimming at Givens Hotsprings, which is always a good time. On Thursday I had some youth come over and we watched a movie and then played a modified speed game of Settlers. It was intense! On Friday we took Corbin to Tangled, (thanks Hart and Jory for watching Gabby). It was so cute and Corbin did great. The best part was it didn't cost us anything. Scott and I had two free movie tickets from our generous dentist/former home teacher and when we got the movie Beauty and the Beast it came with a free movie ticket for Tangled. Perfect. That night I chaperoned at the Stake New Year's Dance until 10:00, then my cousin Quinton and his wife Stephanie came over and we played games and chatted until late in the night. It was so fun. Our New Years day was very laid back, I made a ham dinner that was pretty good. Better luck next year.
Other things I enjoyed this break were watching the first seasons of Reaper and Monk (thank you Janet). Watching TV on DVD is probably one of my favorite things, especially when it's something I've never seen and I really get into it. Seriously love, love that. Another thing I've loved this week is Gabby learning how to say "uh-oh" so cute. She won't do it on command but she can definitely say it. I dropped something in Target and she said "uh-oh" so funny. I just love that chubby little baby.
Happy New Year to you all.
5 comments:
UH-OH another show that Mitzi likes! Cute little Gabby! I'm dreading the break being over!! lurve ya!
i agree! i still go in to break mode even though i am not in school anymore. and my favorite favorite thing is season sets. we should do a season set marathon - have you ever seen reba? i LOVE that show! :)
So glad you loved your holiday!
Chubby little baby saying, "Oh, oh!" How cute is that? Glad you liked the dvd's. After watching them that way, it makes weekly broadcasting seem so slow and laborious. Watching series dvd's is much more enjoyable. Jeff loves the guy that plays the devil in Reaper. He just laughs every time he comes on screen.
Chelsey,
I have never even heard of Season Set before. I don't feel the love for Reba though. That show doesn't do it for me.
Janet,
The devil is great in that show.
Post a Comment