Sunday, August 7, 2011

Redfish Lake

Redfish lake was so great. Tuesday morning we got all packed up and headed up. Apparently the weather was pretty terrible before that and my family sent me text messages warning me. I didn't check my phone which was a good thing because the weather was great the whole time we were there. The drive is really pretty so that makes 3 hours a little more pleasant for me at least. When we got there we ate lunch and after awhile we all headed down to the lake. I didn't even put my toe in the water but apparently it was freezing. It's super cold every year but this year was even worse, probably because of the cold long spring. After that we just kind of hung around and had dinner and hung around some more. Corbin had a lot of fun playing with his cousins. Gabby is not social but she was a great sport and hardly cried the whole time we were there.

That night around the campfire we had a sort of skit night and a few of the nieces and nephews sang some songs and Hart's family played some instruments. Eventually most of the kids and in-laws went to bed. We Beals had a great talk late into the night. All of my siblings were there except for Keaton who is on a mission. Scott bless his heart went to bed around 10:00 with both of our kids in that little tent. Around 1:00 I went to bed and took Gabby with me. I do not remember our tent being that small and there was no way I was sleeping in there. I could have slept in my parents RV but I wanted to sleep by myself so Gabby and I slept in the back of the trooper. I prefer that way over a tent. It is so much warmer in a vehicle and then you don't start hearing the bloody birds at 5:00 in the morning either. For some reason I didn't hardly sleep a wink but I was warm and semi comfortable so it wasn't so bad. I got to listen to my little sweetheart saw logs all night and her snoring just doesn't bother me, it's too cute I guess. Scott nearly froze to death in the tent. Redfish gets really hot during the day and really cold at night. I blame that mostly on the fact that he didn't have a sleeping bag, those really are made for outdoor sleeping.

The next day we had a great breakfast and (Scott) took down camp. We ended up staying most of the day and left that night around 5:30 pm. Thank goodness my parents RV had some air conditioning, it was so hot during the day. I was really getting overheated and that saved me. Gabby took a 3 hour nap in her pack in play in the heat of the day, bless her little heart. Our kids did really great and things worked out well. I was glad to come home however, I really couldn't have handled it much longer. It's just not easy camping with small ones that you have to keep a constant eye on, but I'm really glad we went. We bailed out last year so it was fun to join up again. We will most likely bail next year. In fact I don't think we will be going anywhere any time soon.
Can you believe how much you have to pack to camp one night!
Oh little tent, you will be replaced hopefully soon!
Our sleeping arrangement.
Oh little sleeping girl, we are so glad you took such a nice nap.

Just because it's cute.
Just because I'm 9 months pregnant.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looks like a great vacation spot. It's almost not worth it to camp for one night, but I'm glad it went well. Cute pregnancy picture!