Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hot, Hormonal Mess

This pregnancy is winding down but it can't come fast enough I say. I have been so hormonal it's driving me nuts. I am super irritable, agitated, and stressed out. I remember my mother in law talking about how almost giddy and euphoric she would feel at the end of her pregnancies, I guess your progesterone is really high and it can make you feel great. I definitely have not had that reaction sad to say. With my other pregnancies I have zero labor signs and then my water suddenly breaks and I go to the hospital. Easy, done. With this one I have had all of these labor signs and yet nothing is actually happening. It makes the process much more stressful to me. I really thought I might have this baby on Friday or Saturday but then nothing. I have scheduled my induction date for this Friday and I would just rather have nothing happen and show up at the hospital Friday morning. I think instead I will be having contractions and other unpleasantries either until I actually do go into labor on my own or until Friday. Anyway that's about all I want to say about that. I am just trying to come up with some game plans everyday to keep me occupied and happy. Wish me luck!

Other than pregnancy drama there's not much to talk about. Gabby won't stay in nursery by herself (no surprise there). Corbin is really great and easy some days and really ridiculous other days. Today I asked him to clean up all of the mess and he did. I said "Corbin you are such a good helper," and he replied "I know I am." It's true he is.

Scott and I watched the BBC Jane Eyre together last week and enjoyed it. They did a great job casting Mr. Rochester. I think I've decided that I like that book. I definitely don't regret reading it for sure, although to make up for reading such a heady book I am now reading the most ridiculous book ever about a Mormon girl who goes on a reality dating show. Oh my!
I told Corbin to go get dressed so we could go to the park and instead he put his sandals on over his jammies. He has been obsessed with is winter jammies lately.
Corbin and Scott have been playing video games together after dinner. It's pretty cute. Gabby likes to try to get involved by tugging on the game controller or wanting to sit by Corbin or in Scott's lap.

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i am seriously feeling for you!!! friday can't come soon enough! in the meantime, if you need anything just let me know, ok? looks like you will stay distracted, tho, with your cute little kiddos! i love the video game picture! how fun!

Unknown said...

I cant believe you are still pregnant! I thought for sure baby #3 would come last week! This does not bode well for my theories on what birth is like after you've had 2 kids. I suspected the third one would come around 37-38 weeks and fly out fast and furiously. Now I am sad for myself - because this means I will probably end up being pregnant for like 42 weeks just trying to wait for labor to start on its own!

On an excited note though, I cant WAIT to see this little girl!

Melissa said...

Good luck with everything the next couple of days. We are praying that everything goes well for you and that Friday comes quickly and without any problems. Cute pictures of the kids.