Any spare moment I had this week I was either cutting or hot gluing. I finally finished those dang pom poms. Unbelievable! I think I traced, cut and glued about 750 circles. It took 6 yards of fabric, that is a lot of fabric. I had quite a bit leftover so I bought a wreath form at the dollar store and made a wreath out of the extra fabric. I might have enough to make another one that I could hang outside or give as a present or something, that is if I ever want to bust out the hot glue gun again. I would say this project took at least 15 hours total, but the good news is I really like them and I think they turned out. That's always a plus.
Any other spare moment I had I was making things for my friend's baby shower. It is her 5th child but only her second girl after 8 years. It was definitely time to get some new girl stuff. Her sister in law threw her a surprise shower and it was great. The decorations and food were amazing. Luckily my friend caught me when I was in a sewing mood. I just kept making stuff. I just bought the onsie and the shirt at the dollar store and I already had everything else. $2 isn't so bad for a pretty cute gift I say. The shirt was long sleeves and I cut them off and made a ruffle flower out of them.
Nothing much new with the kids, it's pretty much same old same old. They were so good in sacrament meeting it was amazing. I don't know what got into them. That was nice because it was ward conference and those talks are always really good. Speaking of ward conference, in preparation for our ward conference our ward rented a bus and went and did a session at the Twin Falls temple (the Boise temple is under construction). Getting everything ready to go was stressful but as soon as we were on the bus it was almost like a little mini vacation. It was great fun. I'm glad Hart's family were willing to watch all of our kids for so long. Scott and I were in the back of the bus and we just made ourselves at home. I think at one point I had stuff strewn in at least 4 rows.
That's all. We'll see if my crafting mood continues. At this point I still am in the mood to sew some more stuff. Now I just need to work those projects into the budget. Hmmm.

The kids, especially Gabby, love playing "Zombies." This refers to the fun little downloadable game
Plants vs. Zombies, where zombies invade your yard and you use pea shooters, cabbage-pults, and cherry bombs to keep them from eating your brains. We have it on daddy's phone, the iPad, and the PS3 and it seems like once the kids get bored of it on one device they move to another. It's so cute to hear Gabby say, "Uh oh, they're going to eat your brains." (If the zombies get across your yard they go in your house with an ominous "Dun-dun-dun" -music, followed by a melodramatic scream, munching sounds, and a big marquee that informs you "The zombies ate your brains." Gabby likes that part.)

Gabby having a raisin picnic on the dishwasher door for some reason. She seemed quite pleased with herself at the setup.





I call this my Dollar Tree Easter tree. I got the idea from my friend Jen, since I rarely have my own creative ideas, and her's is much cuter by the way. Anyway I wanted a cute inexpensive decoration. I bought the vase and eggs from the Dollar store, got the sticks in the back yard and voila a $3 decoration. Maybe it's tacky, I don't know and I don't care. I like it.

Click
here for the pom pom tutorial.
4 comments:
those pom poms are SO cute!!! they look waaaay better than my tissue paper ones :( but seriously i don't think i would have the patience for them! sounds like that was a pretty intense project. they are really really cute tho! and i like the wreath and the 'P'. what a cute little nursery setup!
and i love the cute outfits you made for jessaca! you're such a good friend! what a cute idea to put her name on a onsie! love it!!!
NOO way your tree ain't tacky at all! Adorable just like those darling pom poms! Great Job Mitz!
The poms turned out awesome! 15 hours and 6 yards of fabric? That's intense. I finished Bennett's blanket and it's so awesome that I am sadly going to have to sew another. Call me this week and we can make stuff.
"Maybe it's tacky, I don't know and I don't care. I like it."
I love it! You are so great, funny, and I miss you!
Post a Comment