Corbin and Gabby are so cute together. They are the best of friends and I love it. Of course they have their fights but for the most part they get along really well, and it's so fun. Corbin is especially good with his sisters and he often looks out for them. If Piper starts crying he will go over and try to make her laugh. I'm so glad he is my oldest I think he is going to be a great example to his siblings. He is so happy all of the time and it is wonderful. He is also very helpful to me and does his jobs almost always willingly.
Gabby is so adorably and horribly 2. Our latest thing is to tell her that she cannot cry or whine and if she wants to do so she may go to her room. She is super whiny and wants me to hold her all the time and I can't hold her all of the time. I will put her in her room and she will cry bloody murder and I will open the door and ask her if she wants to come out she may but I cannot hold her and she has to be happy.This works for the most part. She is horrible at the store so I decided to take her on a mini trip for practice but I explained before we left that she could not cry or whine and she did great. I have found that setting expectations is extremely important and that children will rise to the occasion. I especially have to set my expectations before we go to story time and they do great.
Piper is more high maintenance lately. She had a cold for a few weeks so maybe that was why. Lucky for her Gabby was very similar so I got used to dealing with it. I was holding Piper while sweeping my floor last week. Good times. She also has learned some stranger danger and does not want people to hold her if she doesn't know them. But she is cute and smiley and when she sings after I nurse her it is my most favorite thing.
4 comments:
i love gabby's skirt and piper's headband! they are super cute! and jax is the same way with whining. last week, i finally told jax that he will go to timeout for crying or whining for no reason. shawn thot that was soooo mean - but it worked! he hasn't cried or whined since :)
good luck! two is fun, huh?
No way that's not mean. You have to nip that behavior in the bud while they are young!
So fun that the kids are good friends. Gabby's skirt is really cute, and the pictures of Piper are adorable. Good luck with the whining (I tell Bryson that I can't understand/hear him unless he talks in a normal voice, and sometimes that helps).
Okay - I got in trouble when older sister, Nicole, would tend her younger siblings and put them in time out and just forget they were there. Hence the family rule, if you are two, time out is two minutes long; if you are five, time out is five minutes long. I learned that behavior is learned and I could teach my kids how to behave with positive reinforcement. This has worked with my dogs also - the cat not so much. Keep up the good work!
I hope Corbin's sore tonsils get better. So fun to see the little girls all dolled up. They are darling. Love, Nana
Post a Comment