Sunday, December 2, 2007

100 Things about Scott

So I saw that my sister and brother-in-law did this on their website, and I had so much fun reading their lists I decided to do one myself. I know that no one "tagged" me or solicited this information, but I thought it would be fun to do and would allow me to request lists from others as well. Here you go, 100 things about me that you may or may not know:

  1. I wiggle my toes in the morning to keep myself from falling back asleep.
  2. I hate spending money on food. To me, it’s like eating your money – here one minute, gone the next, and you’re hungry in an hour.
  3. I have seen The Fellowship of the Ring probably 35 times.
  4. I slept out on the lawn of the Jordan Commons theaters to get tickets to “Trilogy Tuesday” – the back to back screening of all three Lord of the Rings movies. I didn’t get the tickets.
  5. I own over 185 movies, and own multiple copies of some.
  6. I have rather violent dreams sometimes – I kill and get killed quite often.
  7. I’ve killed celebrities in my dreams, including Tom Cruise, Cameron Diaz, and David Duchovny. All were in self defense.
  8. I had a Jurassic Park dream in which I died four times, eaten by different dinosaurs.
  9. I never got my Eagle in scouts – I’m still a Star.
  10. If you threw out my freshman year (pre-mission) of college, my cumulative GPA at the end of graduate school would be 3.97.
  11. Freshman year included, my cumulative GPA is 3.87.
  12. I hate tomatoes but I love ketchup.
  13. I still sometimes pick the tomato chunks out of my spaghetti sauce.
  14. I hate raw onions – especially the purple kind in the salads at Olive Garden.
  15. I can eat onion rings with the best of them.
  16. I think falling off of a cruise ship at night would be the scariest thing ever. Or getting lost alone in a cave.
  17. I almost overdosed on Vicodin when I took 2400 mg before my root canal – I started sweating, my heart was racing, I couldn’t breath, and I almost passed out.
  18. I got the Vicodin from when my MTC companion accidentally stabbed me through the forearm with a metal rod during an FHE with his family.
  19. The shot of antibiotics from the emergency room hurt way worse than the wound from the metal rod.
  20. I got in one real fight in high school. It was two-on-one but I knocked them both down and then threw up in a garbage can.
  21. Pretty much the only kind of burger I like is cheese and ketchup only.
  22. I dip my cheeseburgers in ketchup – they never put on enough at the restaurant.
  23. I’m incapable of passing up food at a buffet.
  24. Most mornings in the Jerusalem center, I would have people watching me eat a 7-8 course breakfast because I couldn’t pass anything up in the cafeteria.
  25. I got to go to the Jerusalem Center, Jan-April of 2000.
  26. Because I was in Jerusalem the same year that the Pope visited (he actually stayed next door to the Center), according to Catholicism, all of my sins are forgiven.
  27. I’ve been to four continents.
  28. I always hated reading growing up. I became quite good at writing book reports based on the first and last 5-10 pages of books.
  29. It was our discussions of Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness in high school that made me want to read.
  30. I have subsequently read Heart of Darkness five times.
  31. I credit Heart of Darkness and the movie Se7en with getting me interested in reading. I read The Merchant of Venice and started into Paradise Lost because of the latter.
  32. The first movie I tried to make as an adult involved a killer/hitman named “Jack” who wore a large pumpkin on his head.
  33. The idea was based on a dream I had as a kid about “Jack the Pumpkinhead” from the movie Return to Oz, in which Jack attacked and killed me at a ward Christmas party.
  34. Production never wrapped on the movie because I started filming it in the middle of the semester and people (myself included) had too much homework.
  35. My second movie, Farmhouse Showdown, was based on the true crime chronicled in Truman Capote’s book In Cold Blood and was filmed at the Beal farm in Lost River, ID.
  36. I like the mountains a lot more than the beach - sand gets on my nerves after a while.
  37. I’ve only broken one bone. It was my ankle during a soccer game.
  38. I’ve played soccer pretty much my whole life.
  39. I realized a couple of years ago that I never really got very good at it.
  40. I can outrun most people when sprinting.
  41. I hate distance running. It makes me want to die.
  42. I took a jogging class in college and had to run for something like 66 hours over the course of two months. I got a B+.
  43. Toward the end of the class, I ran for 45 minutes solid and realized I could keep running without a problem. That was the first time I felt what it was like to “be in shape.”
  44. I love taking pictures, especially of mountains, water, cool buildings, and especially temples.
  45. I took over 400 pictures of the Nauvoo temple.
  46. I applied to MIT and Duke after high school and got rejected by both.
  47. I speak enough Elvish to be able to say, “Show them no mercy, for you shall receive none,” and “Welcome/Greetings.”
  48. I have a Book of Mormon collection including each hard back, full translation in 55 languages.
  49. I once took a road trip by myself to Capitol Reef National Monument because no one else would commit to going with me.
  50. I taught Psych 220 – Human Development: Life-Span at BYU for a year as a graduate student.
  51. I can play video games forever. I once logged 36+ hours onto Final Fantasy X over the course of three days in college. That’s an average of 13 hours per day.
  52. Sometimes my joints would get so stiff from constantly sitting that I would play standing for an hour.
  53. I’m no good at push-ups. My best before preparing for the police was 26. On the other hand, I can do quite a few pull-ups and can climb a rope like a monkey.
  54. Arrested Development is pretty much my favorite show ever.
  55. When I was a kid I was pretty good at saving my money and would loan it to my siblings and charge them interest.
  56. I hate buying clothes. I think we should all wear Star Trek-style uniforms.
  57. The only animal I can kill without feeling bad is a spider, and even then I usually apologize to them in my head.
  58. I once ran away as a kid and left a note for my parents in my room. I went across the street and tried to sleep in the tractor tire at the playground but got too cold and came home.
  59. It turns out I’m not a very good swimmer and almost drown in Lake Mojave when I was 23.
  60. I’ve seen a ghost. My uncle’s house is haunted.
  61. I got in trouble when one of my old teachers called my mom to tell her I was on the roof of our house shooting bottle rockets at the elementary school kids across the street.
  62. I cried about everything as a kid. Every Disney movie brought on the waterworks.
  63. The first time Mitzi saw me cry was during the finale of Buffy, season five.
  64. I hated brushing my teeth as a kid. I would just scrape the plaque off of my teeth with my fingernails. It’s so gross to think about now.
  65. After a week and a half of terrible food in Europe I ate $14 worth of McDonald’s food when we found one in Italy.
  66. I’m kind of a spaz at football, though I never played for a real team. I got a concussion in the first 15 minutes of a game, sat out for two downs, and then played the rest of the game. I also got popped in the nose once and smeared the blood under my eyes to scare the other team.
  67. As a freshman at BYU, I ate pizza, taco bell, and chicken fingers for several weeks until I became violently ill due to poor nutrition.
  68. Since #67, I always buy a bag of mixed vegetables and make sure to eat veggies regularly. I haven’t had any problems since.
  69. I’ve eaten to the point of throwing up, thanks to Chuck-a-Rama’s buffet and six glasses of milk. It wasn’t intentional, and I still like Chuck-a-Rama.
  70. I’ve had at least 15 people in the last 6 years tell me I look like Keanu Reeves.
  71. I gave myself an ulcer during senior prom because I was so stressed worrying about making sure my date had a good time.
  72. I got to load a kid onto a life flight helicopter in the mountains after a back country skiing accident. He ended up being okay.
  73. I almost died the day I got my mission call hiking the north face of Mt. Olympus.
  74. After watching Aragorn fight the warg-riders in The Two Towers, I really wanted to learn how to ride a horse and swing a sword.
  75. I’ve been to an AA meeting. Don’t worry, it was for school.
  76. When I watch a movie I’m really excited about I pull a chair up about three feet from the TV and put on my headphones.
  77. I love moshing at concerts, as long as there’s no punching.
  78. As a kid, I always had to run up the basement stairs after turning off the lights because I was afraid a monster was going to grab me.
  79. The Headless Horseman scared me more than anything as a kid.
  80. I’ve held my breath for almost 2 ½ minutes.
  81. I wanted to go on a mission to Russia, Germany, or New Zealand.
  82. As a kid I wore sweat pants and dinosaur shirts every day.
  83. Hugging my wife is probably my favorite thing.
  84. I love to garden, though I have never done so very successfully.
  85. Broccoli is my favorite vegetable. I also love beets on salads.
  86. I hate getting in trouble – it makes me sick.
  87. I had my car stereo stolen out of my car in the high school parking lot.
  88. I really don’t like most scary movies – I can’t stop thinking about them when it’s time to go to bed.
  89. When I’m too scared to sleep, I listen to scriptures/hymns on my iPod.
  90. I was born a “gifted” artist but have failed to develop the talent.
  91. I hated taking art classes, much to my parents’ dismay.
  92. My artistic goal is to do my own version of “Lehi’s Dream” – I don’t really like any that I have seen.
  93. I rather enjoy cooking, but mostly when it involves trying new things.
  94. I hated my first semester at BYU and thanked my lucky stars I got into the Jerusalem Center program for the second semester.
  95. I’ve been to 23 states and Puerto Rico.
  96. The first time I gave blood was two years ago – it always scared me after I almost fainted watching a donation as part of a scout activity.
  97. I love accents – hearing them, doing them, everything.
  98. I climbed over a kid’s back to grab a set list off the stage at a Weezer concert.
  99. I eat at Red Lobster almost every year on my birthday.
  100. If I could live anywhere, I would live in Rivendell, or Minas Tirith.
Now that that's done, I would like to request "100 things" lists from the following people:

1. Mitzi
2. Nicole
3. Mom
4. Jarom
5. Richard

4 comments:

Walker said...

Do you still do the DQP cheese and ketchup only at MickeyD? That was a favorite after skiing snack. I've since moved on. You?

BlogMOMster said...

So, I thought I would know most of these but you surprised me! Especially the times you almost died! Yikes, where was I to protect you?! It's still not too late to develop that artistic talent. I'd love to see your version of Lehi's dream. Do you remember telling me that the decorations on temple square at Christmas represented one of the trees? I never would have noticed. I wonder if I can do 100 things. I'll try.

Jarom and Melissa said...

rotflmao...or something like that, i think.

Jarom

This actually made me laugh so hard that I am starting my list.

by the way, Im sorry you died on your training activity. who the crap carries a pocket handgun anyway?

Nicole said...

I'm so flattered you want my list. And I, like Jarom, was laughing rather heartily to myself when you said that the first time Mitzi saw you cry was at the season five finale of Buffy...yes, death is your gift, Buffy! So inspiring! I love you Scooter. I shall begin my list! Mangovanen!