Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Scott and Mitzi's Christmas

Well this was my first Christmas away from home and it turned out much better than I thought that it would. (We couldn't go anywhere since I am so very pregnant, and Scott only had one day off of work anyway). On Christmas Eve Scott worked until 5:30 so I decided to make my first turkey dinner. It took a lot of time so I was busy and I watched Christmas movies while I made the dinner. I watched Love Actually and The Holiday so I was more in a romantic holiday mood rather than I miss my family holiday mood. After Scott got home we finished the preparations and had our turkey dinner. It was pretty good, not as good as my mom’s but I don’t know if it will ever be. I messed up on the dressing, I only made half as much but the seasonings were enough for a whole batch. We took a few bites and threw the rest away. Man was it pungent. We ate on our china for the first time so that was fun. After we cleaned up dinner we read Luke Chapter 2 and my grandpa’s Christmas poem. I read Scott my Christmas poem I wrote in high school. Then we played Yahtzee and watched It’s a Wonderful Life. We were both pretty tired and had to force ourselves to finish it. Scott was especially tired since he had been up since 6:00.


On Christmas morning we set our alarm and had to force ourselves out of bed at 7:30. We opened up our Christmas presents and then we made a big Christmas breakfast. We had crepes with peach jam, banana topping, cool whip, and nutella spread and we also had eggs and bacon. It was really good. I baked the bacon and it was so great and easy. You just put the bacon on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes and that’s all you have to do. It was so great. We cooked a couple on the frying pan so we could get that good bacon grease flavor on our eggs. We didn’t do much else. Scott watched The Two Towers while I read my cookbook from Scott Deceptively Delicious. We went over to Alex and Anna’s and hung out with them for a few hours. Right now Scott is studying for his exam tomorrow and I am going to force him to play a game with me in a few minutes. After that we will have some zebra dessert that Scott made. It was really fun to have a Christmas with just the two of us. I decided we had better enjoy it since we will never be alone again. It was fun to just enjoy our time together.

2 comments:

Sarady said...

You two are smart to spend as much time together along. I think Brady and I have been on about five dates since Mya was born. Merry Christmas!

BlogMOMster said...

We missed you but it sounds like you made this a very special day. Good for you; making sweet memories.