Thursday, December 20, 2007

No End in Sight

Well since my last appointment I have made no progress. At this point I am about 80% effaced or my cervix has softened 80%. I am not dilated at all. The baby's head is positioned extremely low ready to go if it weren't for my "stupid cervix" as my doctor stated, after which he said: "how's that for bedside manner?" The closest I've come to braxton hicks contractions, false labor contractions, or true labor contractions is when the doctor is checking my cervix while at the same time pressing hard on my stomach, OUCH! As far as inducing is concerned my doctor is booked, apparently I am not a high priority since my reasons are a) I don't want to be pregnant anymore b) I don't want to have a Christmas baby c) we want the baby before January so we can get a tax break. Maybe I will be a higher priority after I am at least a week overdue, who knows? I honestly feel like if it is up to the baby that he will come around January 15th. I just hope I don't have a nearly 11 pound Amanda Cannon, no thank you. No offense Amanda, not that you will be reading this I don't think you ever check out our blog, happy birthday by the way. So all of you that have hopes of seeing the baby over the holiday good luck is all I have to say to that. I know that my body could change in a matter of hours but I'm thinking it's going to be more like weeks. Oh by the way if you didn't notice the post time it is 3:30 in the morning. I can't sleep. Well consider yourselves updated.
Sincerely,
Big in Boise
p.s. I know I am not due for 6 days but as we all know due dates are a big joke anyway

7 comments:

Royce and Annika said...

Okay, so I know I'm like 9 weeks behind you, but I totally understand the not wanting to be pregnant anymore thing. I'm ready to be done too. Good luck with everything--we can't wait to see pics!

Royce and Annika

Jed and Kate said...

I'm so sad he didn't decided to come on the 19th! That's the best day for anyone to be born. Too bad. Sorry you have to still be preggo. If this kids knows what's good for him, he'll come as far from Christmas as possible. Does he realize his birthday will be entirely upstaged by the biggest holiday in the country? He is bound to get more presents if he's born a good 10 days away from Christmas...so, sorry Mitzi, he must be shooting for the first week in Jan, rather than Dec 15th.
-Kate

Jed and Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

I'm SOOOO sorry! The same dang thing happended with Emma. We went one week overdue and in the meantime (adding salt to the wound) my sister-in-law went a week early, having her baby on my due date. I cried and hid out at the ranch for a week. And don't listen to anyone who says "get sleep now" I instantly sleep better after having the baby out. This wasn't very comforting was it. What I meant to say is: you'll forgive them immediately and it really is worth it! :)

Sarady said...

Mitzi,
I was so excited when I saw that you left a comment on our blog. Too bad we didn't get to hang out with you guys mroe. A couple rounds of laser tag wasn't enough. Anyway, good luck with the tail end of the pregnancy. It truly is the worst...all that waiting and discomfort. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy. And in my opinion, if women can schedule C-sections around their work schedules, then your reasons for an induction are certainly valid.
-Sarah

The Barkers said...

At least you didn't have to go on bed rest at 30 weeks just to be induced because you weren't going into labor (clearly speaking from experience here). Trust me, as much as being prego sucks, being prego on bed rest sucks way more. Good luck!! He'll come when he's ready (I always hated when people said that). Maybe you will be surprised like EVERYONE who was prego around the same time as I was and your water will break in the middle of the night and you'll HAVE to go to the hospital!!! ;o) Love ya!! Can't wait to see that cute kid you're cookin'.

Kristine Elaine said...

Mitz...the babe will come. Patience. He is teaching you Patience. Hence why I am not prego I have none of that. I am excited to see the little one. Happy Holidays!