That last post inspired me to revisit all of the awesome dances from last season. That's when I remembered that there are so many more fantastic dances that I had to make another post! So without further ado, here are a few more highlights from SYTYCD Season 3!
This is a dance by one of our favorite choreographers, Wade Robson. He described it as a dance between hobos in the train yard...
One of my favorite contestants from last season was Dominic. He is a break dancer and he had such showmanship and athleticism that he was able to pick up almost every other style very impressively. This was his first routine, and it happened to be in my favorite style - Disco!...
Wade Robson was nominated for an Emmy in choreography for this next dance. It's the dance of a hummingbird and a flower. The girl's hair is one of my favorite parts...
The winner from SYTYCD, Season 2, choreographed this next routine. He is an LDS swing dancer from Southern California who got Dear Johned by his girlfriend while on his mission to Mexico (or so he told the judges when he made the final cut). His little sister was on Season 3 and made it to the final 4. She was an amazing dancer, but was a bit scandalous as well. Anyway, this is a fun routine...
This is a sweet hip-hop dance by the choreographer who worked on the movie You Got Served. Any of you who have seen that movie will be grateful that these dancers only dance and don't have to spout cheesy melodramatic dialogue about their "crew" and their "skills."
Another unique hip-hop routine, kind of in the line of that movie Mannequin, which I never saw but I heard was awesome!
And I guess I have to include at least one ballroom routine for culture's sake. I really liked this routine in spite of myself. I pretty much feel that if I like a ballroom routine, the choreographer and dancers really have talent.
Someone stop me!...The last one I'll post is a cool group routine with something of a Matrix theme. I just love this show! (Oh, and this is Scott writing all of this, but I think I can speak for Mitzi as well.)
I know it may be hard to believe, but there are more sweet dances from last season that I just don't have the time or energy to post. Plus, we have other things to blog about (like our baby).
For those of you who actually watch all...11 dances, I think we should have a vote for favorites. Leave your vote in the comments section, and then mark your calendars for May 22nd and the premier of Season 4!
4 comments:
Thanks for posting the hobo dance. We tried to look it up the other night, after you left, and couldn't find it for some reason. Yay for SYTYCD!
I guess that I will start the voting. It's so hard to choose, especially seeing as I picked all of my favorites to display. I'll have to give a top three: The zombie group dance, the black and white group dance from my first post, and the back-flip disco routine (with the break-dance disco routine a close runner up). I'll understand if all of you have more than one favorite too. How can you not?!
Scott
My favorite is probably the zombie dance. So SWEET! It's hard to choose because there are so many cool ones. I think my next favs are the group dance with the black short wigs, and the hobo dance. So good.
Mitzi
Post a Comment