Wednesday, February 25, 2009
This is Getting Out of Control
I really can't stop myself. I want to be sewing a different project all the time. I wanted a project so I thought I would make a cute scripture bag for my sister. I found the free pattern with tutorial online and away I went. I did this bag straight up by myself. Zero help. That is major for me. My bag has the scars to prove it. I had to seam rip that bag so many times yesterday. Apparently even with a tutorial I can't read a pattern. Oh well I did it hot dang it and that's all that matters.



Somehow spaghetti night always ends ups being bath night. Don't mind the poking out ribs I promise he eats a lot.
We are trying to teach Corbin how to eat with utensils. He holds the fork with one hand and feeds himself with the other. Nice.
This is a weird face Corbin pulls usually when we break out the camera. Weirdo. Nothing much going on with Corbin. He has three molars now. He has been working on those for months. Notice the drool on his shirt. Oh and he can give you a high five now. That's pretty cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Nice bag. It's very cute. I couldn't read a pattern if my life depended on it, so good for you. I'm determined to make Bryson a sheep costume and myself a Bo-Peep costume for next year, so wish me luck. I'll probably have to seam-rip the thing two dozen times. I love that Corbin eats with the fork in his hand. Cute kid! So funny!
-- Melissa
Just showed Corb this picture of himself while you were gone and he smiled so big! CUTE! Way to go on the bag!
that bag turned out sooo cute! Maybe ill try to sew one - ive had a free pattern for a while, but im a chicken to try. my seam ripper and I became a little too close during my flirty apron ordeal so Ive put him away for a while! maybe its time to bust him back out of the closet...
and corbin really couldnt get any cuter! and ps my cousin julia JUST had a baby and named him...corbin. Caroline was thrilled we had a little baby corn in the family. finally!
Can I just say... you are awesome! I think I may need one of those cute bags. Great fabric too. Good for you for stepping out of that comfort zone a little!
Cute cute bag!!! And of course, cute cute boy!!
Cute scripture case! You are such the little seamstress now! I am so impressed. Corbin is growing up so incredibly fast. He is a little kid now! Sheesh. So, um, is a trip to NYC in your plans anytime soon???
-Kate
I love all your projects! And to second Kate's comments, Corbin is getting huge! and when are you coming out east?
So the other day at work, I donated blood and 15 minutes later I passed out--my first time! Anyways, it made me think of you! AND Ryan almost had to get a root canal last weekend and that also made us think of you! We miss you guys!
Hope you don't mind me leaving a comment here but thought I'd tell you I think the bag turned out beautiful. :D Glad you didn't quit!
Mitzi, you are tearing it up with the sewing. I love that bag. The material you chose is really cute. You inspire me to get my sewing machine out--well, when I'm feeling better.
Cute bag! I may need to make one of those...and could Corbin be any cuter? We need to come visit you guys so I can meet this little guy. I am really hoping this spring or summer we can make a trip out!
Post a Comment