I have had at least 3 clogged ducts this week. It is so annoying and painful. I'm wondering if I can wean on one side and continue on the other side. I don't think I'd be brave enough to try it but I'm tempted. I always have problems on the same side. Annoying. I want to nurse for a year but who knows at 6 months I may just say enough is enough.
Scott and I watched The Cowboys together. Westerns are not my thing but that is a great one. We also watched Warrior and liked that a lot. For girls night we watched One Day and we all wanted to scratch our eyes out to end the misery by the end. That one was not good.
Last Sunday night a few youth came over and played games with us. It was so fun. They are coming again tonight. We may make this a weekly thing. In college there was a long time where every Sunday night we would play games and I loved it, unfortunately my roommate and best friend Jenny did not love it. She couldn't stand how annoying and competitive I would get. Good times!
Corbin is same old same old. He is a master of video games, I don't know if I should be proud or embarrassed. Today I was cooking breakfast and he asked for a boiled egg and I told him I was making him a fried egg. He then wanted to get up and see the Friday egg. Snacks are his favorite thing. He will finish his plate of real food just so he can have a snack. All day everyday he is begging me for which snack he can have next. I have to tell him that he is just bored and stop asking me, I always offer to make him real food if he is indeed hungry but he always takes a pass on that.
Gabby is talking even more and more. It is so fun. She will say sentences like "I want some!" which is almost always referring to food. "Watch! Lion King!" She wants to watch that all day every day. "There it is!" She almost always has great expression hence the exclamation points. She is also trying to say "May I have, (fill in the blank) please." She has become obsessed with having her bunny wear a diaper, so she says, "Diaper on bunny!" and then, as if to prepare the bunny, "Alright bunny." She's also getting better at answering questions. Scott asked her what she was doing and she said, "I'm hiding!" and she was. Funny, crazy girl. Although I did make the mistake of taking her to the grocery store last week. I only had to get a few items so I thought it would be a great time to practice sitting in the cart. Ya right. She screamed bloody murder. So I had to hold her in one arm and push the cart with the other arm. It's pretty hard to fill up your bags at the bulk item while holding your nearly 2 year old. Plus trying to write the numbers on the slip of paper, forget about it. I had to put her down a couple of times and she screamed and reached up for me like I had dropped her down a fiery pit. This girl can be ridiculous!
Piper has been a little more fussy this week but really her fussy is not that bad. Her fussy is probably a normal baby on a good day. She has mastered rolling over from her back to her tummy. If you put her on her back she will almost immediately roll to her tummy, which she does not like, so I will roll her to her back and she will roll to her stomach. Repeat.
Corbin has been playing dead all the time lately. When he gets in trouble, or sometimes just when we ask him to do diaper duty or anything else, he assumes this position. It is so hilarious to me!
That's not quite right there Gabs.
Piper is getting so strong by playing in her exersauser. That is the one I got off Craigslist for $5, it's dang nice. I love it.
She was originally on her back where the toy and the first pile of barf are and then she did a double roll where you see the next pile of barf. Oh Piper.


5 comments:
that's a super nice exersaucer!! great find! and i love how corbin plays dead! so cute! i'm going to see if that works when shawn asks me to do diaper duty :)
ha!
Glad that you and the kids are doing well. Piper is definitely a spitter. And Corbin playing dead is hilarious, as are the things that Gabby has been saying lately. I'm proud of you for trying to cut down on screen time because if I had three kids, I don't think I'd even try. In fact, I'd probably increase it. As far as clogged ducts go, I researched them when I had them and most people say that by four or five months that the baby is an efficient enough eater and you won't get them anymore. Here's to hoping because I know how painful that is. Glad you had a good week!
I totally play games with my friends all the time. Sunday nights are when we get into game marathons. They are so much more fun than watching movies!
Melissa,
I hope that is true, although I nursed Gabby for a year and dealt with clogged ducts all the time so I know for me it's not true. Maybe it will be with Piper though, here's hoping.
Oh, Sweet Corbin. I am ready to take a tip from him and just bury my face in the carpet because I can't do it any more!!!! Why haven't I thought of playing dead? So clever.
Post a Comment