I don't have time to go into it much, but these classroom discussions reminded me of the map I made of "the war chapters" in Alma on my mission. Well, I've taken it to the next level, and pretty much every spare moment I've had for the past week has been spent working on a series of maps illustrating the comings and goings of the Book of Mormon. I'm not done yet (I'm only in Alma chapter 52), but here is a sneak preview for any of you who may be interested in the final product for your teaching/learning enjoyment (it's in PowerPoint format for ease of organization and presentation).



P.S. For ease of presentation and use with PowerPoint, the maps are turned on their side so that north is to the right.
P.P.S. Don't worry, there is another map that is supposed to go between the first and second maps - and so far I have 19 in the presentation. Scripture nerds of the world rejoice!
8 comments:
Alright, you ready for this.
Tommy has 18, unbleached toddler sized prefold diapers, 4 thirsties, and 2 snappis.
Caroline has 6 bleached and 18 unbleached infant sized prefold diapers, 4 thirsties, and 2 snappis.
I ordered my first batch of stuff from Baby Cotton Bottoms and the majority of stuff from Polka Dots (diapers are about $1 each cheaper from Polka Dots). The flushable toilet liners were $6.75 for 100 toddler sized (baby sized are cheaper). Our total investment to date is $200 for both kids.
I haven’t had an experience where there hasn’t been a toiled around. But I think if I did, I would just roll up the whole diaper and put it in my wet bag (plastic baggy leftover from the grocery store) and wait till I got to a toilet to flush it.
I’m not sure if I would have switched if I only still had one child in diapers. But now that I have switched, I will always use cloth (even when I only have one in diapers).
You could always buy a couple of diapers, a diaper cover, and a snappi and test it out to see what you think. And if Scott is a little wishy washy, you should just tell him that if you let him grow another mustache, he should let you try out cloth diapers (equally disgusting in my opinion!)
Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Scott, this is so cool! Bring your Power Point Presentation to St. George and you can give us an FHE:) Also, Aaron and I are going to bring our investing stuff so we can start getting Aaron all set up.
All I can say is wow. I'm impressed.
-- Melissa
I need to get you and John in the same room together. He has been working on an interactive Book of Mormon timeline off and on for fifteen years. He's a computer programmer and it's kind of his dream to create this incredible free software available to the church community.
Interactive timeline?! Free church software?! We do need to get together. It's so fun to hear that I'm not alone out there. I was just thinking that I needed to go back and include a time table on all of my slides for extra lucidity. When i finish up, I'll have to send you the full sha-bang!
Scott
Hey Mitz, that movie comes out this coming July 25th (not in January). FYI. And you should totally see it. I'm sure you would enjoy it, especially since you were a teacher...American Teen, tell your friends.
By the way Scott, I think those kids are SO lucky to have you as their Sunday School teacher. I'm jealous of them.
-Kate
So, I'm teaching Mosiah 29 and Alma 1-4 in two weeks. I need your map to show the battles in the Valley of Gideon and by the river Sidon, etc., etc. etc.. Way to go, Scottie my man!
Scott- I'm so glad that you've taken this on! It will be great motivation for John.
barbaralynnthornton@gmail.com
ubergeek3141@gmail.com (John)
Post a Comment