Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Taxes


I apologize to anyone who is put-off by my political soap boxing on our family blog (perhaps I should start my own "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears" blog, or something). Anyway, I was just visiting the Rush Limbaugh website and saw this nifty graphic. I have hear a lot of people talk about solving the country's money problems by taxing the rich. Many of these people I think are operating on the assumption that if someone is rich, they must not pay taxes (or at the very least, they must not pay their fair share if they still have so much money left over and I don't have anything because Uncle Sam takes it all out of my paycheck before I ever get it...). So just remember this when you hear about some politicians' promises to solve this country's problems and help the overburdened workingman by increasing taxes on the rich. Then remember that the rich are often rich for a reason and find ways to minimize their taxes (while still paying way more than their fair share), so if the government doesn't get every dollar they need from the rich, guess who they go to next. That's right, and it just rolls down hill until all the government's bills are paid. So think twice about supporting someone who's grand financial panacea is to tax the rich even more, because, as far as the government is concerned, if they can't get everything they "need" from the rich, they'll get it from you.

3 comments:

BlogMOMster said...

Go you rich folks! Not only do they pay mega taxes, often they are extremely generous in terms of charity and supporting worthy causes. Americans give more than anyone anywhere else in the world. Way to tell 'em Scoot!

Anna Beal said...

Wouldn't it be nice if our Government could just adopt the tithing system? I mean if they would just take an exact percentage from each income it would totally be fair to everyone.

The Cannons said...

Maybe you could be the next Glen Beck or something. I'd be alright with that, pretty sure he makes more than we do now. (Pretty sure most people make more than we do now).
Mitzi