On Friday I was sitting at the computer catching up and finishing up my cloth diaper blog post. I got up and my lower back was killing me. I complained to Scott as I got drink of water and then my water broke--that was around 2:00PM. In case you are wondering what that feels like, when it happens to me I just feel like I am peeing my pants. I sprung a leak as Jen would say. This same thing happened with Corbin and judging from that experience I knew that there was no real need to rush to the hospital; this baby wasn't going to be coming any time soon. So we slowly got everything packed up and headed to the hospital. We had some time to kill so I walked the halls for an hour trying to speed up the labor even though I knew it would do nothing. I had already jogged/speed-walked 2 miles that morning and I wasn't anymore dilated than I was the day before. After that I got in the jacuzzi. By this point the nurse said they could induce me around 7:30PM. The best news was they told me I could get the epidural at the same time. I was stoked! Last time I had to suffer for hours before they gave me the epidural. This time around I hardly felt any of my contractions. It was awesome. I basically laid in bed until around 12:30AM when I could feel the baby starting to move down. I told the nurse and I had dilated from a 4 to a 10 in the space of about 45 minutes. I felt like I almost had to cross my legs to wait for the doctor to get to the hospital or the baby was just going to push her way out. He got there and I pushed like 10 times and she was out. It was crazy. The actual delivery was so calm and peaceful--it was not stressful at all. My doctor was gone for Corbin's delivery and so the on-call doctor delivered him. My doctor was so much better. Everything about this labor and delivery was easier and better than with Corbin. We were also much more prepared this time around. We brought snacks and Scott brought our TV and his video games. I brought my DVD player and movies. This made the hospital stay much more enjoyable.
So far nursing is working out pretty well. I feel like it's an answer to my prayers. Gabby is an excellent eater. When the lactation specialist came and checked in with me she said that she was the best sucker of the bunch. I'm still pretty anxious about having problems but I'm hopeful and excited to get through the first few weeks especially. So far Gabby pretty much sleeps all day and all night. I wake her up to feed her and then she goes back to sleep. She is so sweet and cute and little. Corbin has been at my parents' house, so we've really been able to rest up. We will be getting him back in a couple of days. That will be interesting. We miss him, he is so cute and funny. Things are going well.
17 comments:
Okay, seriously, that is the most awesome labor, birth story ever! If all labors were like that, I might be tempted to have 10 kids! And also that fact that she just sleeps all the time right now, AWESOME!! I want your scenario for our next baby!! And I'm so glad nursing seems to be going well! Love the name!! Love the baby, so cute!! Congrats guys!
She's perfect. Mitzi! You are amazing. I love how calm you were about everything. I can just see you: "Oh, my water broke, I'll just do some more cleaning, and maybe do this or that, and let's get stuff ready." I would be freaking out! I love it. I love you! And I love the name. Can't wait to meet her.
Oh. AND YOU LOOK AWESOME! Seriously, you take the award for best hospital picture.
Hey there! Congratulations again on such an awesome delivery! And lovin' the name - reminds me of Ghostwriter.
Love you guys!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of her with her hand by her face. Congrats.
Jarom
I'm so glad things went easier this time! She is so adorable and you look beautiful! Congratulations!!! :)
She's beautiful and perfect and I'm so glad that you both are doing well! I'm happy that things went so much smoother this time!
She is so tiny and cute. I'm so glad this one went way better for you.
I've been trying to call but no answer. So f.y.i., I want to come give you some stuff. We've all been pretty sick though, so I'm holding off till things clear up. Let me know if you need anything, a meal?, anything. Luvs,
So jealous and almost angry at you for having it so easy in the delivery room! Good for you though! That baby is sooooo sweet! I love the picture of Corby Smorbs with his head in the boppy - that pretty much sums up Corbin! Good work you two! Good work!
I love it!! She's gorgeous! Congrats! I hope my delivery goes as smoothly as yours!!!
Is she a little redhead? Her hair looks like my first baby's did. And good work with the nursing - my second (maybe because of my experience with the first) was much better at eating overall, too. And you totally look fantastic!
Congratulations! She is beautiful, we can't wait to meet her. Hopefully before Christmas!
Oh man, I just want to cuddle and snuggle her. She's so precious! I'm glad to hear everyone is well. Can't wait to see you guys. We're trying to find a time to come visit. Love you!
She is so cute and little! How fun! I'm so glad that things went better this time around for you Mitzi! I can't wait to meet the little lady and see all you guys:) xoxo
Glad that labor went well. You look great for having just had a baby. Gabrielle is adorable. Bryson looked at these pictures and said, "Cute baby," so he knows too. Good luck with nursing. Love the picture with her hands up. She's so cute.
What a ginormous car seat. What a beautiful little baby girl.
Congratulations mitzi, she is so beautiful....and early! That makes it so much easier. You will find you can do a lot while nursing. I remember holding Marriner and nursing Sadie...if there's room, it's great! Good job and take care
Post a Comment