Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Corbinator

We are going to pick up Corbin today and I'm excited and nervous. I knew that I wanted to just be able to rest and focus on getting nursing going when Gabby was born. I also knew that in order to do that Corbin could not be home. Thankfully my mom took Corbin for a few days for me. I thought I would share part of her letter to my brother Chase on a mission:

I'm tending Corbin and he's locked in Keaton's room asleep or playing happily. I've checked him a few times and he can open the door so I locked it. WOW, he's a handful. I can't take my eyes off from him for a second! It's bringing back bad memories of when Keaton and Kelsey were two. I checked on him this morning and he was drinking water out of the toilet. One time he was lost and Keaton and Kelsey were trying to help me find him and he was smiling and hiding from us by your bed. What a relief Do I dare tell you the rest...Mitzi are you scared yet? Yesterday Kelsey watched him while I went to the scholastic meet and she dosed off for minute and he had climbed up on the kitchen counter and had the butcher knife. Then Monday when he woke up from his nap he took off his messy diaper but Kelsey found it before it was a complete disaster. Truly we are trying so hard but he's hard to keep up with. He's been a little doll however. He goes down for naps and bedtime perfectly and he says and does cute things all day long. He eats really well and is SO good natured. We really love him. Hope I didn't make you too nervous Mitzi. I'm watching him closer than ever.

So you can see why I needed to take a break from my little ball of energy while I adjusted to this new baby. I have to say that nothing surprised me except for him drinking out of the toilet. What the?! He's never tried that one before, although ever since he saw me dunk a cloth diaper in the toilet (part of normal cleaning) he's taken on a whole new fascination and not in a good way. Like I said things will be interesting today! Wish us luck.

7 comments:

The Cannons said...

I don't know why the font is like that. It's driving me nuts. Oh well.

Jarom and Melissa said...

Good luck with having two at home and continuing to nurse. Corbin is quite the handful. Drinking from the toilet and having a butcher knife terrifies me. Glad he still managed to be cute for your mom and siblings after all that. I'm sure it will be tough with two, but I'm sure you'll do fantastic. Good luck and keep up the good work!
-- Melissa

Carole Cannon said...

Hahaha! I love that little Corbinator! Good luck you guys! xo

Amber said...

Corbin sounds just like Grace! Good luck but I'm sure you will do great!!! :)

Scot and Jenny said...

Good luck Mitzi Bitzi! It will all work out, you will have a little routine down before you know it and it will all become second nature! You are a great mom so I know you can do it!

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Ahhh! That's super crazy! This is why I am afraid of having a boy!!!
Good luck with 2! If you need anything don't hesitate to call! I'm just around the corner you know! :)

BlogMOMster said...

Here's the secret - one child takes up all your time and energy. Two children take up all your time and energy. Three children take up all your time and energy. Just figure, as long as you have children, they will demand all your time and energy. I'm SOOO tired!