Friday, September 19, 2008

Published - Sort Of...


I've received several e-mails over the past months with requests to reproduce some of my pictures from LDSChurchTemples.com. Usually they involve people wanting prints for their homes or one lady wanted to put one of my pictures of the Mt. Timponogas Temple on bookmarks for Girls' Camp. The most exciting request thus far, in my opinion, has been from a fledgling religious magazine called Buddhadharma: The Practitioner's Quarterly. I haven't been able to find too much information about the magazine other than that it is only a year or two old with a circulation of about 27,500. When the request came to me I told them they could reproduce my photo of the Salt Lake Temple in their magazine as long as their article was respectful and even-handed and on the condition that I could review its contents. They agreed and also offered to send me a complimentary copy of the issue that included my picture. It finally arrived! Sure, it's not Time or National Geographic, but it's still pretty exciting to me.

7 comments:

Anna Beal said...

How did the article turn out? That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Hey! That is a great photo. That's got to be exciting! Congratulations!

Piper said...

That's awesome! Congrats!

Barb said...

Congrats! How exciting! And how responsible and proactive of you to make sure the article was fair!

Jarom and Melissa said...

Congratulations. You're on your way to the New York Times best seller list.
-- Melissa

Sarady said...

Way to go, Scott. You should frame that. Congratulations.

The Cannons said...

Good idea Sarah. I was utterly stumped as to how best to memorialize the accomplishment. I ended on sticking the magazine out with my 9/11 newspapers from the mission. I think you just gave me a much better idea. Thank you!

Scott